The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The International Brotherhood of Magicians! :: References to join? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
crash1992
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of crash1992
I plan to join the I.B.M. but it says that I need references from current members. What if I do not know anyone in I.B.M.? Am I out of luck?
Joe McIntyre
View Profile
New user
North myrtle beach S.C.
60 Posts

Profile of Joe McIntyre
Fill out the paper work and send them the money. you do not need anyone to sign reference for you.
crash1992
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of crash1992
Thank you Joe. Do you happen to know much about the I.B.M. credit card? When I saw it on their site it seemed amazing, it was then I remember the old adage, "If it is too good to be true, it is." I may just be acting too picky but there has to be a catch. I hope someone can clear things up
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Any business can offer a credit card. The guy that cleans my outhouse offers a credit card.
crash1992
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of crash1992
Ha ha ha. Oh Spartacus! But I hope you understand my concern. I am a broke college student with no credit, because I don't have credit cards, and I saw zero annual fee, zero interest if paid in full, and stuff like that. So I wanted to make sure I had all of the information before I make a commitment like signing to a credit card
Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
823 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
Crash let me give you some advice. Stay clear from credit cards if you are broke. So many college students just get a card and start to charge, don't be one of them. When I was attending Penn State, you could get a free meal if you gave info for a credit card (you didn't have to accept) so you better believe that I did that for a good meal. Now I once put down that I made -10,000 dollars a year and they then said you can have a 2,000 spending limit. That doesn't add up and credit cards are just the devil for college students.
crash1992
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of crash1992
And the interest rate's are brutal.
Joe McIntyre
View Profile
New user
North myrtle beach S.C.
60 Posts

Profile of Joe McIntyre
I think you should wait till you get a credit card, the rates will be your down fall if you have one now.
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
This is the way credit cards work, I have several including gas credit cards. Interest is about 25%. No annual fee means you do not pay a monthly surcharge of about 5 to $10, some companies charge that fee. No interest if you pay the bill every month of what you charge. Here is the catch. A credit card makes you think you have money you don't have. This means that the two thousand dollar limit will be arrived at before you know it. If you pay just the minimum payment required, it will take you years to pay off that $2000, because that minimum payment goes primarily to the 25% interest. Been there, done that. When you start making a regular monthly salary, then think about a credit card.
crash1992
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of crash1992
I do have a regular salary. I work in a family restaurant. I get paid twice a month and my share of tips.
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Quote:
On 2013-03-10 03:12, crash1992 wrote:
I do have a regular salary. I work in a family restaurant. I get paid twice a month and my share of tips.

Then go for it....
GreenEggs
View Profile
New user
Why have I got
65 Posts

Profile of GreenEggs
Attend local IBM meetings. Hang out before and perhaps after meetings to talk/meet/lear with others. Then, ask one of them to sponsor your membership after a few months.

Good Luck!