The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The International Brotherhood of Magicians! :: Latest News about the I.B.M. Convention (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
LanceRich
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of LanceRich
You've heard the hype about the Dallas 2011 I.B.M Convention....

So what is new you ask? Up until now we've been fairly tight lipped about many of the plans. But we want you to know what's in store for you, so you'll get your registration in today and take advantage of the great savings.

TOP TEN REASONS TO BE AT DALLAS 2011

10. Revamped Youth Events. We're including activities and events for our young magicians, as well as the most exciting way to showcase their talents for all of our members.

9. More Cabaret Shows. There's a lot to be said about seeing a great performer in an intimate theatre. You'll see a variety of cabaret shows - more than we've ever produced before - and with some unique twists.

8. New and Improved Dealers Room. The Dealers Room showcase is getting a makeover too... It will be an exciting hub and gathering place for registrant with new fun things to experience and see some terrific dealers are already on board, with more on the way. You'll want to see what they have to offer!

7. Themed Events and Parties. From our opening night event to closing night party we're spending more money and effort on creating a fun environment with food and decor!

6. Prestigious Contests. Many contestants have agreed that the I.B.M. Gold Cups Contest and I.B.M. Gold Medal Contest are the best run contests in magic. It just got better!

5. Dinner and 4th Show Included. For the first time, for one price, EVERYONE gets dinner and a show! A specially developed stage show experience in a uniquely themed environment make for an unforgettable evening of great food, incredible magic and memories

4. Better Close-up Conditions. The Close-up rooms for Contests and for the booked talent are better than ever. More intimate. Better set-up. The best close-up rooms ever! We're talking an intimate black-box style space with sets and lighting...the works!

3. Special Interest Group Sessions. You can choose your specific area of interest and attend a variety of informative lectures and workshops based on what YOU want to learn. And that's in addition to all of the General Sessions and Lectures!

2. Talent Line-up. We're still holding this close to the chest...but we guarantee you'll see a fantastic line-up of some amazing magic stars and some of the most exciting acts you've never seen at a magic convention before. Plus, each of the stage shows will be packaged in an exciting new way....More on that later.

1. Dallas Sheraton is Ideal. The room rate of $99 is the lowest it has been in years. All of the convention activities are centrally located and just an elevator ride from your room. And the beautiful historic Majestic Theatre is just a short walk through the park (literally) from the hotel.

And about those youth activities...For the first time in I.B.M. Convention history, the International Brotherhood of Magicians is assembling some of our most talented junior members to perform in a professionally produced cabaret show at the Dallas 2011 Convention. We're seeking talented performers between the ages of 7 and 17 to star in this show.

The I.B.M. Convention is undergoing a major overhaul, and this show which will showcase our best young magicians will be performed 4 times during the convention as part of our new Fab 4 Events. Performers will be compensated with cash based on their number of performances up to a full complimentary registration. In addition they will be billed as featured talent which will be a great resume builder. They'll also have the bragging rights of being onstage with a world renowned magician. Not to mention the honor of performing for so many of their peers.

If you are an interested young member, or you know of one, and you think this might be for you, we'd love to see your talent.

To hear all about everything first make sure you friend us on Facebook and follow us on Facebook. Let all of your magic friends know!
http://www.facebook.com/ibmconvention
http://www.twitter.com/ibmconvention

And you can register here: https://www.magician.org/portal/ibmconvention_signup

The I.B.M. held the world's first magic convention in 1926. In 2011 we're hosting the freshest!