The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The International Brotherhood of Magicians! :: IBM Membership Directory (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
DATMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Shreveport, La
304 Posts

Profile of DATMagic
How can I or is it even possible to obtain a membership directory for all the IBM members?
David A Trombetta

DAT does the Trick
DATdoestheTrick.com

Smile
email [email]DATMagic@aol.com[/email]
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
If you're an IBM member, they sold, a couple of years ago, a CD directory of the membership. You can contact Sindie Richardson, Exec. Sectry, at the IBM hdqtrs and see if it's still available.

http://www.magician.org/portal/en/user/17370/contact

Mark.
johnny0rocket
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of johnny0rocket
Thnx for the link mrunge.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
You're welcome. Glad to help.

Mark. Smile
DATMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Shreveport, La
304 Posts

Profile of DATMagic
That would be great, thanks for the info. Although I hope they have a more current one.
David A Trombetta

DAT does the Trick
DATdoestheTrick.com

Smile
email [email]DATMagic@aol.com[/email]
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Nope. They only update it every so often.

The last time they did it, there was a huge stink that got started with how they went about it. A lot of members got put off because they were being given a sales pitch to update their info and many members got mad in the process. Smile

Mark.
magicdano
View Profile
Regular user
Danny Habel
144 Posts

Profile of magicdano
I don't understand why they would sell it. Seems to me it is a service to all of us members to have access to it.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
They were selling the directory, not the names. Members were offered premium listings... for an additional fee. The price was supposedly set to offset the cost of compiling and publishing the directory. Like Mark said, some were put off over the tactics used by the publisher (not IBM) to strong arm us into buying it.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.