The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The International Brotherhood of Magicians! :: TVP Visits (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
spatrick
View Profile
Special user
Tom Sawyer let me whitewash these
517 Posts

Profile of spatrick
As the Territorial Vice President for Eastern PA. for the IBM, one of my responsibilities is to travel to the 7 different IBM Rings in my part of the state once a year to make sure everything is going smoothly. I make sure the local members have a point of contact between them and the national organization, and to connect with all the members in our area.

I love to travel to these IBM rings. The farthest ring is over 2 and 1/2 hours away from me (some rings in other parts of the world are farther), and the closest is in my back yard. I see old friends, make new ones, and see and share some really great magic.

This is my third year as TVP and I plan to continue as long as the members want me. The TVP appointment is voted on at the National Council Meeting if two people are running.

I am lucky enough to have a counterpart in the West side of the state who visits the IBM Rings in Western PA.

I am wondering about other TVP's who are on the Café. I would love to hear thier road stories about traveling to different IBM Rings and the experiences they encountered along the way.

I would love to share those stories on this thread not only for the TVP's but also for the enjoyment of the Café members who read this thread.

Join in on the discussion.

S. Patrick
TVP IBM Eastern PA.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
WOW!!!! A TVP who actually travels. Say it isn't so. Our Club has been affiliated with the IBM for nearly 10 years now and we've never seen, or heard from our TVP.
This is one reason I have yet to become a member of the IBM. If our TVP can't be bothered to show up at a local event or meeting let alone pick up the phone or even write a letter then why should I give a dime of my money to an organization that allows such a disregard to its membership?
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8815 Posts

Profile of harris
We have had them (TVP)come to Ring 129 and even had a rep(s) who were members of the KC area ring. (and a few PIP's as well)

Come to think of it..this nearly normal guy, hasn't visited the ring since about February. Ring 129 has a lot of great stuff happening. I just haven't been able to fit in the meetings/lectures into my schedule this year.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Sal Amangka
View Profile
Special user
Manila, Philippines
712 Posts

Profile of Sal Amangka
Greetings,

I am the T.V.P. here in the Philippines. There are 2 Rings, 322 and 328 and I also make it a point to visit them at least once or twice a year specially if there are major events.

Sad to say the health of membership dwindled down, mainly because of the economy and that the I.B.M. fees has gone up. I have been a member of the I.B.M. since 1992 and I am the T.V.P. for 10 years now.

Ferdinand Flores
Salamangka in Filipino means "Magic"
http://www.thechubstershow.com
thechubstershow@gmail.com
TBeamanJr
View Profile
New user
Raleigh, NC
55 Posts

Profile of TBeamanJr
I've been the TVP here in North Carolina for almost 5 years now. Admittedly I don't visit the 7 active Rings here in North Carolina as often as I should, but do try to stay in touch and let them know I am here if they need me. I do agree with Mr. Patrick, though, as I do always enjoy my visits to them.

Cheers,
Tom Beaman
TVP for NC
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Profile of Michael Taggert
I have to sing the Praises of our very special TVP Jim Flannigan. here in DC we have only One ring and Our TVP is at almost EVERY meeting. he does a wonderfull job and helps to keep our ring moving. Thanks Jim
mike Taggert