The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The International Brotherhood of Magicians! :: Sociedad Espanola de ilusionismo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Magic Bill
View Profile
New user
Bedfordshire, England.
1 Post

Profile of Magic Bill
Dear All,
I have just joined the forum after hearing so much about the place from my local magic club. I am already addicted to logging on to the forum during the day! Unfortunately, I didn't want to put this request on the wrong thread, so I thought I'd contact the IBM thread direct. I apologise if I have come to the wrong place.

I am a member of the IBM and SAM and as I have a little knowledge of Spanish would like to perhaps join one of the Spanish organisations (if they'll let me). My intentions are to get my Spanish upto scratch by talking to fellow magicians and perhaps visit.

After a lifetime of being unable to speak a foreign langauge, I visited Spain a few years ago and loved the country. I taught myself to speak to a standard where at least I know I won't starve! If you'll put up with me, I' am not too bad!

I have visited Andalucia (!No viste 'El pequeno Angleterra'!)several times and Barcelona once, and I was interested in joining the 'Sociedad Espanola de ilusionismo'. This appears to be a national organisation, but having found their website, I realise that my Spanish is not that good! I am open to suggestions from any Spanish brethren.

If there is a magician from Spain who could assist me, I would be most grateful. I am interested in all parts of Spain, but I know that my local airport regulary flies to Malaga, Barcelona and Madrid (really 'easy'). I can though, get to other cities from other Airports a bit further away.

Many Thanks
Bill
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Good luck, Bill, on your quest. That certainly puts the "international" into magic!

Mark.
marc_carrion
View Profile
Special user
640 Posts

Profile of marc_carrion
Hi Bill,

I'm a Spanish magician living in the States. I used to live in Barcelona. I attended the meetings of the SEI for a while and the AMIC later. Now I'm member of IBM. If you fly again to Barcelona let me know, I can give you a couple of addresses to visit and meet Spanish Magicians.

Marc

PS: If you visit the webpage of magic clubs in Barcelona, they may not be in Spanish but Catalan, be aware of that before thinking your Spanish is not good Smile
Steve Hart
View Profile
Veteran user
Cocoa, FL
388 Posts

Profile of Steve Hart
You might try contacting: Ring 164
When: Meets 1st Sunday of the month at 7:30pm
Contact: Julio Hijuelos "CHEN KAI", Xochicalco 424 Narvarte, Mexico City, Mexico
Phone: 525-536-1755
Email: magochenkai@hotmail.com

Steve Hart
www.SteveHartSpeaks.com
www.magic2motivate.com
"Motivational Magicians are some of the highest paid magicians, find out why?"