The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The International Brotherhood of Magicians! :: Northern Alabama Magicians (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Habu
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas / Alabama
393 Posts

Profile of Habu
Hey Fellas and Fellettes,

I am in Northern Alabama in the boonies midway between Huntsville and Birmingham near Guntersville Lake if you know the area. The largest town other than those is Gadsden (not sure of the size).

I was very active many years ago and am planning a fairly substantial return to the art of magic in the coming months. By that I mean children's parties, stage show (modest size) for fundraisers and promotionals etc. So I am serious about becoming involved again. (see my post in new members introductions for more details about my past in magic etc if you are interested)

I am posting this to the North Alabama Magicians to see who feels they have an active club out there that could use a new member...someone seeking advice on getting the business end of the show up and running, someone who would like to be involved in assisting in the running of the club--eventually, I would like to hear from any members of clubs within 100 mi or so that feel I would fit in.

(I would also like to hear a little about what you actually do at your club meetings, how long they tend to last, etc.)

Thanks in advance for any posts...feel free to PM me esp if there is something you would rather not blurt out openly... Smile

Sincerely,
Rick Jackson
Albertville Alabama
www.magicbyhabu.com
Habu: Taken from SR-71 spy plane I worked on. It's name came from a poisonous snake on Okinawa. Hope my magic isn't poisonous!
Habu
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas / Alabama
393 Posts

Profile of Habu
PS, I am posting this same message in the SAM topic section, not sure of the etiquette involved here but it is not meant to reflect any negative intents. I am sure many IBM members are SAM members as well so I figure it is fine. Note: I was a SAM member 20 or so years ago, was not near a SAM Ring so never have had any actual meetings though.
www.magicbyhabu.com
Habu: Taken from SR-71 spy plane I worked on. It's name came from a poisonous snake on Okinawa. Hope my magic isn't poisonous!
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Rick...you're in luck. There are IBM Rings in both Birmingham and Huntsville, so you can take your pick or join both! Here are the contact people. They will be able to help you.

Birmingham, Alabama, Ring 35 - Magic City Magic Club
Contact Bob Sanders at Bob@MagicBySander.com
They also have a website at http://ring35.org/

Huntsville, Alabama, Ring 194 - Space City Magic Club
Contact Brett Boyer at bboyermagic@aol.com
Their website is http://www.knology.net/~boyer/IBM194/index.htm

I'm not sure if SAM has an Assembly group in your area or not. You can contact Richard Hinze, the South Atlantic (AL, FL, GA, MS, NC, SC) Regional Vice President, at r.hinze@earthlink.net and he can help you find out if one exists.

Good luck on your return to magic. It's a wonderful art!

Mark. Smile
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Rick,

You are officially invited to our Ring 35 meetings. The next one is February 6, 2007 at the Homewood Library (downstairs). The meeting must be over by 9PM because the library kicks us out. Then we go across the street to the Greek Restaurant and make them do the same!

We look forward to your visit.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Habu
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas / Alabama
393 Posts

Profile of Habu
Thx mark and bob, PM sent in response to invite.
www.magicbyhabu.com