The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The International Brotherhood of Magicians! :: Jack Kodell lecture at the IBM Convention (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
JTW
View Profile
Special user
Florida
670 Posts

Profile of JTW
Jack Kodell (first magician to headline in Vegas) lectured at the IBM convention in Miami.

I think I speak for most of those in attendance that it was one of the highlights of the convention. The lecture was hosted by John Ekin. John did a wonderful job of asking the right questions and keeping the lecture moving. Jack's stories were amazing. He talked about everyone from Ballantine to Marlo. There were introductions by Lance Burton and Copperfield video of Marlo, loads and loads of pictures and fianlly a chance to see the act when it was presented on the Ed Sullivan show. Mary Kodell (Jack's lovely wife) gave a short lecture on showmanship and presentation- coming from an actress of her talent it was chock full of great advice. Jack recieved a standing ovation from the group. It was an amazing moment to see one of the magic greats being honored.
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Do you mean they showed Jack Kodells parakeet act as seen on the Ed Sullivan show?

Thanks,

DJ
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
Yup! What a crafty performer.
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman