The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The International Brotherhood of Magicians! :: Our local masked magician wants to join the I.B.M - how? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Thank you Steve.
Did Cahyo e-mail you?
And thanks for all the kind words!
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Quote:
On 2007-07-06 17:23, Cory Gallupe wrote:
BTW Justin, very nice coin productions. I can tell that took a lot of hard work!

Thanks Cory!

it only took me about 6,550 hours of practice...lol

The actual routine is longer, almost 3 minutes and I am going to post the video of me performing it at Fechter's. I'm also in the process of making a DV, hopefully it will be available before the fall season.

Justin
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Sounds good!
Look foward to seeing the video.
Good luck at Fechters.
ibm_usa
View Profile
Special user
In Your Mind, Ky, USA
722 Posts

Profile of ibm_usa
Quote:
On 2007-07-04 12:55, ssucahyo wrote:
Fellows,

I need your advice....
I read on June 2007 Linking Ring, in New Applications and Reinstatments column, our local magician apply IBM membership, BUT he has very bad attitude by doing exposing magic on our local TV for about 5 episode. What we can do for this? Is there any way we can block his membership? We have his taped for proof.
please advice and we need all your suport.

Cheers,
CC.

just tell Steve Harts or someone who is with the IBM Committee that you have spotted a name of someone that may damage the Brotherhood or magic itself.
"You may think that i only talk of things from the past, you know, history, well magic is history"

-Guy Jarrett

"Curiosity isn't a sin Harry, but it should be exorcised with great caution."

-Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
http://www.jordanallen-mentalist.webs.com/
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1954 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Hi,

Thanks for all your responce and advice.
I did email Mr.Steve Harts and he did anser me, he said that he will follow up with the powers that be on this issue.
And I will keep you up date.

Cheers,
CC.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Congratulations for solving the problem, ssucahyo.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Please keep us posted on how this works out.

Mark.
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1954 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Hi,

Yes, I really thanks to you too...for all your support.
I will let you all the Café members know the result.

Cheers,
CC
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
This Local magician act as MASKED MAGICIAN and revealed some esssential magic trick such as Invicible Thread, Sword Thru Neck. I guess this already against the IMB code of ethics.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
I don't understand why some people do this kind of things. Losing out in the market? Desperate? There are many ways to succeed in magic. But why this?
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1954 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
James, I believe he is deperate. :oD

Cheers,
CC.
voodoo
View Profile
Regular user
Indonesia
163 Posts

Profile of voodoo
Yes what ssucahyo said is true, I'm one of the Indonesian magicians that concirn about this guy.

I really hope The IBM check this man's profile and background before aproving his aplication, the idea's of doing this is because he has a bad reputation among magicians and in one of major tv stations in Indonesia he made 5 episode's revealing illusions and close-up,
"When Illusions Become Reality"
www.demianaditya.com
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Have you guys also did the collective signature campaign to be passed to the IBM president? Now that the IBM committee is aware of it but the signatures can help strengthen the whole issue. How about taping one of the TV episodes as well for the IBM committee? All these are evidences for IBM to take action faster. Hope this ideas help.
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Good idea James!
How do we do that?
Terry Richison
View Profile
New user
St Louis, MO
5 Posts

Profile of Terry Richison
Cory,
My name is Terry Richison and I am the new IBM Membership Committee Chairman. I am taking over for Steve Hart who has moved up to an advisor to the president. Steve has alerted me to your situation. I will be emailing you information on what the process is to object to a person becoming a memeber. Please be on the look out for this email to you and Ssucahyo. I will help you get to the bottom of this.
Terry Richison
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
Eventough in indonesia I billed my self as a Hypnotist and I don't do Magic on TV...I still hate any kind of Exposure...especially on TV...it is a cowardly act done by Un-Creative person (I said person, NOT a Performer).....who ruin what others has already build (or trying to build)

I used to belong to the I.B.M RIng Indonesia and sscahyo is one of the person who sponsored me....so YES I support his Movement (if you like to call it that way!)

if you given a spot on TV, you got many route to take this oppurtunity....but not Exposing others life long work!

Thank god I don't do Magic in here Smile
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1954 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Fellows,
Yes, actually we have the collective signature campaign from our local magicians, especially from magicians in our, I will find it and send it to our IBM president.

For Mr. Terry Richison, I can send the copy of this exposure on TV for you if necessary, just let me know.

Cheers,
CC.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Ssucahyo, congratulations, things are now working out for you on this issue here. Isn't the Magic Café a wonderful place to be in?
Terry Richison
View Profile
New user
St Louis, MO
5 Posts

Profile of Terry Richison
What is this person's name?
Terry Richison
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1954 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
His name appear on Linking Ring June 07, page 174, name: NELWAN, HENRY of Surabaya city, East Java, and his stage name is HENRY KAPPERS.

Cheers,
CC.