The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Step right up! :: Interesting Table for a Joint (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
pslaughter
View Profile
Loyal user
270 Posts

Profile of pslaughter
Saw this in another Forum.

Thought it looked kind of familiar :0)

Don't know how sturdy it is or how well it'll hold up.

Take a look and let me know what you guys think...

http://www.canopygraphics.com/products.p......ng-Table
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Pretty neat looking table. Wonder how the top is attached and where the shelf is stored when folded up. It sounds like it's all one piece, but then again, maybe not. Both top and shelf may have to be removed when not in use. It sure would be light weight with the fabric panels. Like you, I'm not sure how sturdy it would be, but would probably be fine.

Mark.
WillRoya
View Profile
Loyal user
Henderson, NV
223 Posts

Profile of WillRoya
I had a table like this once and was not very happy with it. I now use a Joe Lefler table, and put a stool behind it. Works great for me.
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2737 Posts

Profile of sethb
This looks like what used to be called a magician's "nightclub table" (because you could roll it on and off the stage and it provided pretty good cover/storage for props before, during and after the show.)

This table might be nice for indoor shows, but I'm not sure how well it would hold up for outdoor use, being made of wood and only having fabric sides. But more importantly, I think that the 40" height is too high. While you want a table that's not too low so you don't have to bend over, it also shouldn't be too high. Otherwise most kids and some adults will have trouble seeing what you're doing. Depending upon your own height, I would guess that somewhere around 30"-32" would be about right.

I've used a heavy-duty 4-foot long/2-foot wide table from Sam's Club for the last four seasons, and it still looks almost new. The table was only $50, has a steel frame, adjustible legs, and a thick plastic top (so spilled sodas, Sno-Cone juice and Silly String wipe right up). For indoor use I throw a red velveteen fabric remnant over it, and kids think I'm Houdini. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
I use a custom built suitcase table. It is almost 3 feet wide and is a bit taller than the retail ones. It has heaver duty rubber 3 inch wheels. I am able to keep all of my merchandise in it when I am traveling.
-Matt