The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Step right up! :: Rain date question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
I'm working on some fall bookings and have encountered an interesting situation. A new street festival I'd like to try has a playdate on October 4th, with a raindate on October 11th. Another street festival has a playdate on October 10th, with a raindate on October 11th.

So the only way I can get screwed is if BOTH events get rained out, which is always possible but pretty unlikely. So I'm inclined to go ahead and book them both.

Anybody else ever run into this situation, and what did you do about it? SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Seth,

Give the event people a story of some kind and don't give them any more money (none if you can get away with it) thn you have to to hold a spot.NOBODY ever shows for rain dates. If you get rained out you might as well forget it.

Don
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
Thanks, Don. I know that rain dates often cut attendance by 30-50%, but I figured that even 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing!

Anyway, that's good advice, and I was thinking of trying to see if I could just squeeze into the second show on the playdate without any front money. They always put me at the last spot anyway, but I don't care because everyone walks past me eventually, and it just leaves me more room for bigger tips! SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC