The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Step right up! :: Two Card Monte (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
TKD27
View Profile
Elite user
Wallingford, CT
459 Posts

Profile of TKD27
Hey all - I'm checking to see if anyone has a good source for Two Card Monte.

I got Don Driver's pitch DVD recently. It's just as great as all the reviews around here indicate Smile The only problem is, Don's source for the double face and double back decks (Eddie's) no longer carries those decks. They suggested I try Hank Lee, though I can't find them on his site.

A google search turns up little.

All I can find is through Penguin, which sells them @ $4.38 (plus shipping unless the order is over $20), which seems a bit steep. Is that the best I'll find?

Any information from you guys would be quite a help.

Thanks much Smile

Matt
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Matt,

Don't look for "Two Card Monte" look for double face and double back cards.

Don
TKD27
View Profile
Elite user
Wallingford, CT
459 Posts

Profile of TKD27
Thanks for the speedy reply, Don. I've looked using those terms, though... still can't find anything. Like I said, all I can find is at Penguin. They're Double Face and Double Back Royal Decks.
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Matt,
I Just sent you a P.M.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2479 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Robbins?
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Thanks Ross but Robbins aren't easy to get along with and they want a minimum order of $250.00
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2479 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
"Not easy to get along with" ... you can say that again. Face it, they are determined to stay firmly in the wholesale end of the business. But a clever fellow with a tax number might add up all his needs and come up with $250 (couple of giant spools of rope, couple gross of two-card montes, case of bicycle backs) ... it can be done.

Of course, I'm not one to argue with the master, and I don't want to hear from anyone going "but you're contributing to the death of brick and mortar shops", I'm just sayin' it CAN be done.
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2737 Posts

Profile of sethb
Matt, The Magic Warehouse sells double-backed and double-faced Bike decks for $5 each. These are retail prices, but considering that you can make 40 Monte sets from two decks, it's not totally unreasonable if you just need small quantities.

You can save more money by buying wholesale, but you do have to have a large minimum initial order. I have dealt with Robbins for several years now, and found them to be very good, prompt and helpful. They want a $250 minimum initial order and will take reorders of $200 or more (less than $200 carries a $10 surcharge).

FUN, Inc. also sells the double-backed card decks, and also requires a large initial order (I think it was $300), but will take reorders of $100 or more. Lots of small orders aren't economical anyway, because the shipping costs will just eat you alive.

If you are a legitimate business, you shouldn't have too much trouble meeting these requirements. And if you order your Monte decks at the same time you order your Svengali Decks, you should easily be able to meet the minimum order requirements. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
Jon-O the Great
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Jon-O the Great
Eddies has the decks. Bob McKinnon is the guy with whom to chat. $1 each--54 cards per deck. I ordered mine on Wed and they were here on Fri! I also got some of these cards from Haines House of Cards. But they were much more expensive. 250 of each for about $75. I also changed Don's package idea just a tad. But that's just me. Good luck. Jon-O
markmagic
View Profile
New user
KY
52 Posts

Profile of markmagic
What's the link to eddies?
Thanks
Jon-O the Great
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Jon-O the Great
Everything you need is in Don's DVD. Including how to do your booth, build a table, etc. That DVD is just about perfect if you're gonna sell Svengali and give the 2-card Monte away.

John