The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Step right up! :: Can Pitching Help your Regular Magic Business? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
adam christopher
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of adam christopher
Hey All, I'm wondering if anyone's ever done pitching with either a Svengali/a magic kit type of thing where you also have your promo materials for your regular shows available? I know it would cut down on the hard sell, but I'm thinking this might be great for craft fairs/flea markets/swap meets....I know traditional pitch logic says your a pitchman not a magician but could this work in a win-win situation for both pitching and performing? Any insight would be great!

Magically Yours,

Adam Christopher
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Adam,
When you're trying to book shows,the more info you get out there to people the more chance you have to book a show.Its a numbers game like anything else.

Like when pitching,if you work a spot that draws 10,000 people you'll make more than a spot that draws 5,000 people.Thats a no brainer.

You could put a business card in every deck.

I would make up a special card that says a 10% discount.(this means nothing as they have NO idea what you charge in the first place)Than you can stick to your "hard sell" as you said above.

Also at the end of the pitch you could do a small pitch for your show "If you need a magician at your next event or birthday party,my card is in every deck with a 10% discount as a thank you for buying a deck.

Than have business cards with you that don't have that 10% discount printed on them.Say " if you didn't get a deck,I have business cards right here...but sorry no discount on them...please help yourself.

Hope this helped.
Don
SeaDawg
View Profile
Special user
The Lunatic Fringe
718 Posts

Profile of SeaDawg
Don, oh sage and brilliant one... your wisdom shines like a beacon in the darkness yet once again...
Crazy people take the psycho-path thru the forest...
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
Also check out James Munton's, "How To Teach a Birthday Party Magic Class". Since they are learning magic from you when they buy the deck it would be the perfect show to sell.

Just a thought...