The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Betchas :: Wasabi, Tears of Joy or Pain? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
Take a tube of wasabi out with you. Check out the bar snacks for good candidate.

The challenge (for $£) is to eat 2 wasabi snacks.

The snacks are coated with a nasty big blob of wasabi (don't hold back) and the winner is the first person to eat two.

The snacks are made one at a time, so the person has to wait for the next one Smile And the winner gets $5. It is worth $5 to see some fool tackle the mighty god Wasabi.
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Childs play. I once ate two LARGE habenero peppers on a bet. I made 100 bucks but it felt as if I had been stabbed in the stomach. And the next day? Forget about it.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Yes, wasabi isn't so bad. I can eat it without any problems. There are peppers in existence that I couldn't even touch with my tongue, but I can eat a bottle full of most chilis. But wasabi isn't that bad. Just horseradish.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
As a matter of fact my bosses wife is from England. Whenever she goes back to visit she brings back a certain type of hot sauce. It's made with scotch bonnet peppers. It's VERY hot. Get some of that and dare someone to drink a tablespoon of it. It's MUCH hotter than any wasabi. I'll try to find out the name. It comes in a square bottle and I believe it is made in Jamaica.
gandolf
View Profile
Loyal user
Hillsborough,NC
236 Posts

Profile of gandolf
Vandy,

It may be "Dave's Insanity Sauce". I like spicy foods too, but this is absolutely insane. Ruined a great pot of chili by putting in two teaspoons.

Unbelievably hot.
FacadeTheStiltBoy
View Profile
Elite user
Greensboro NC
474 Posts

Profile of FacadeTheStiltBoy
Mmmm wasabi.

It's funny the reactions that I get from people when I will just eat it straight.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Gandolf. It wasn't Daves Insanity. But I'm familiar with that stuff. You are right, it's CRAZY hot. Possibly inedible. LOL. There also is a sauce called "Slap my A** and Call Me Sally" Hot Sauce. Not as hot as Daves, but pretty hot.

Some of the newer hot sauces are just crazy, everyone is trying to come up with the hottest sauce in existence!! The stuff I'm talking about may not even be quite as hot as the insanity sauce. But is very hot and tastes pretty good. In SMALL doses.

Vandy
rtclark
View Profile
Veteran user
Panama City, FL
309 Posts

Profile of rtclark
I once had a race with a guy for 20 bucks to drink a bottle of Tobasco. It's not that hot but trying to suck it out of that little opening was B@@@@@. I lost but was worth the try.

Travis
Rtclark

"When do I get IT"
revlovejoy
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania
765 Posts

Profile of revlovejoy
Forget the sauces, there's an outfit producing pure capsacin powders, distilled from huge amounts of peppers. They sell for $60-200 for a 1 oz jar in speciality skull type packaging. This stuff is actually dangerous. One salt crystal sized portion in a pot of chili is enough to make most people cry. Eating it direct would be completely nuts.

"OK Simpson, try this: Guatemalan insanity peppers!" - Chief Wiggum
Craig Krisulevicz
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
647 Posts

Profile of Craig Krisulevicz
Here's the link to the pure cap powder.

http://extremefood.com/product.php?id=137

I own most of this guys line, and they are fantastic and give quite a rush. I still haven't tried the 16 million yet though.
Who is John Galt?
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
16,000,000 Scoville Heat Units? That's insane! Make the bet about a million bucks so you can buy yourself a new digestive system.

I ate an habanero once. It was about the size of my thumbnail. It felt like I ate a barbecue coal. Second dumbest thing I've ever done.

Be carefull with horseradish bets. Some people have violent allergic reactions to it. It will close their respiratory tract for a few minutes. Besides losing the bet, they may well lose their life.

http://www.chemsoc.org/exemplarchem/entr......ille.htm

http://www.chemsoc.org/exemplarchem/entr....../fun.htm
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2006-03-14 02:36, Patrick Differ wrote:

I ate an habanero once. It was about the size of my thumbnail. It felt like I ate a barbecue coal. Second dumbest thing I've ever done.

All right, I'll bite. What was the dumbest thing you ever did?

P.S. I feel your pain. As I said above I once ate two habeneros. Of course for me that wasn't even close to the dumbest thing I've ever done. Probably not even in the top 100.
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
Vandy, here's a super collection of really great dumb things we've all done. Mine's there. Ha! Ha!

Err...perhaps you'd like to contribute to it...Smile

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=32
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
HA!!! Patrick I already did contribute to that thread! And that really was a stupid thing I did.

Yes, I agree, reading a book at 65 MPH is not very bright!! LOL

Vandy
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
I remember trying wasabi on a reeses peanut butter cup before heh.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
One time when I was a YOUNG kid stationed in San Antonio, I visited some Hispanic folks at their house.

I was really wet behinfd the ears, mind you, not yet finished with Boot Camp..anyway, they offered me a bowl of their home made chile.

It must have been Kermit chile, because it was pure GREEN! But, I didn't care..I gulped down a BIG ol' spoon of it!

Well, have you ever seen the old Stooges shorts where they eat something bad and it WHISTLES on the way down, and then when it hits bottom, you hear this "thunk" sound?

Well,, that's what happened. And when it hit my stomach man, well, let me tell you ..as the ambulance was hauling me away....
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Patrick, thanks for the link to the older 'dumb things' post. Made me feel a little better about myself.
Like many here, I could probably fill a book. But we'll start with this one:
I was in a play, an old-fashioned melodrama, and for dress rehersal I decided to slick back my hair with Vaseline.
For your future reference, note that Vaseline does NOT slick back hair! It soaks in and swells up your hair, making you look like some unwashed wildman, and it is almost impossible to remove. It took over a week of washings to get my hair halfway back to normal.
My director laughed his a** off, and informed me that Vitalis or another over the counter hair product would probably be a better choice for the performance.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On 2006-03-04 13:07, Craig Krisulevicz wrote:
Here's the link to the pure cap powder.

http://extremefood.com/product.php?id=137

I own most of this guys line, and they are fantastic and give quite a rush. I still haven't tried the 16 million yet though.
and you shouldn't either!

Quote:
PLEASE NOTE BLAIRS 16 MILLION IS NOT A SAUCE OR AN INGREDIENT. THIS PRODUCT IS MADE AVAILABLE FOR EXPERIMENTAL/DISPLAY PURPOSES ONLY.

Product Disclaimer

Purchaser of this product hereby acknowledges the intense heat factor of this product and the element of danger if misused. This product is over 100 time hotter than a jalapeno pepper and is a complex blend of fresh peppers and extracts. This product is not a sauce but a food additive and should be used as such only. Furthermore, it should be clearly understood that this is used strictly at the purchaser's risk.

Purchaser hereby releases Blair's Sauces and Snacks from all liability, indemnifies and holds harmless Blair's Sauces and Snacks with respect to any claims of damages or injuries resulting from the use, consumption, ingestion, and/or contact with respect to this product.

Additional Waiver Applies to Blair's 16 million Reserve , Blair's Holiday Reserves 2005, Blair's Halloween Reserve 2005 and all others past, present, Future.

Purchaser further understands that Blair's 16 million is for experimental/display purposes only, furthermore any handling of the contents of Blair's 16 million must be under a controlled environment using protective gloves and safety eyewear. This product will be kept out of the Reach of Children(under 18 yrs) and all animals. I have read this additional statement and am fully aware of the risks and dangers of Blair's 16 million Reserve . I certify That I am purchasing this product for my Collection Of Blair's Products or for the understood Experimental use only.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.