The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Oldies... but goodies! :: Diminishing ball? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
kris attard
View Profile
Elite user
Malta
437 Posts

Profile of kris attard
Some years back I acquired a set of multiplying and manipulation balls from an elderly magician, which were used during the early 1900s and possibly earlier. I am cataloging them in order to sell, and have a query.

The main set consists of four wooden red balls and two metal shells that fit perfectly over a ball. However, there is also a matching set which consists of three hollow nesting balls. I am not familiar with these, but imagine them to have been used during a ball manipulation routine as a diminishing ball effect. Is anyone familiar with this?
angeloturn
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of angeloturn
No but I sure would like to get myhands on them!!

A
Leave no wood unturned.....A
aquariusmagic
View Profile
Regular user
England
122 Posts

Profile of aquariusmagic
Hi,
I have a set too. They belonged to my late Father who was a professional magician in the 1940s/50s. They were made by Davenports and are for a dimishing ball effect whereby the outer shells are palmed off leaving an examinable centre or smaller ball they probably date from the 1930s.
regards
Francis
kris attard
View Profile
Elite user
Malta
437 Posts

Profile of kris attard
Yes, this seems to be the same effect you describe, although I don't really know who they were made by. Presumably this was a popular trick at the time. Thanks for the info Francis.