The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Oldies... but goodies! :: The Magic Lantern (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
ScottRSullivan
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of ScottRSullivan
First, a bit of background. Over the years, magic and the magic community has been so kind to me that I've always wanted to give back as much as possible. I've also always been interested in magic's rich history. I think we are so forturnate to have such a colorful and vast history of our art.

Unfortunately, much of that history gets lost. What we have today are collections of lithographs, old books, letters (a great insight to someone's mind) and other items. On rare occasion, we have audio recordings, such as Houdini's recording of his introduction to the Water Torture (or "upside down" as he called it).

This is where The Magic Lantern comes into play. The Magic Lantern is a free podcast/blog that is dedicated to preserving the history of magic, one memory at a time.

This week's show (# 003) features a discussion/interview recorded by Clint Riedel, a Lancaster magician. Who's the other magician? Harry Blackstone, Sr. You'll hear Blackstone Sr., in his own voice, describing his show. His stage manager, Alfred "Freddy" Phillips come into the room about midway into the talk.

All you'll need to listen to it is a browser that can play mp3's (most do). Also, if you have iTunes, you can subscribe to the podcast absolutely free.

Finally, if anyone has any audio recordings that they own the rights to, please email me and we can include it in future shows. I already have the next several shows filled with some great interviews in the lineup. The shows are hosted by myself and David Pepka. You can listen to the show here:

http://magiclanternblog.blogspot.com/

Let me know what you think, or if you have any ideas for future shows. We're always looking to improve the show!

Warm regards,
Scott Sullivan