The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Pardon me, sir... :: Hunter Hunted (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
samuelchong
View Profile
Loyal user
Penang
237 Posts

Profile of samuelchong
I got myself being picked by someone in a hypermarket about a month ago...
Gone through a lot of hassle...
Anyway, I wonder any of you guys being picked before...?
As in after you're already a pickpocket...
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
I almost got locked up in a frame with a couple of asian teenagers at the local dirt mall. (Flea Market) I just noticed this guys back and elbows were in my way, and that his friend was coming in behind me.

Being a big guy I sort of shoved through. Not enough to hurt, but just enough to get by.

I made sure everything was in its pocket and moved everything that was in an outside pocket got moved into the jeans pockets. Uncomfortable, but it worked.

I've looked for the group since, but to no avail.
samuelchong
View Profile
Loyal user
Penang
237 Posts

Profile of samuelchong
Thank God, you don't have to go through the trouble of losing your wallet...
TheCoats
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of TheCoats
A couple months ago, I was riding the local train system and someone tried to steal my phone out of my back pocket. It was a bump and go situation. I get really paranoid on the train when it is crowded anyway. I quickly realized what was going on and I turned away and stopped what could have become a very confrontational situation.
Well, That was fun!
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1414 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Happen to me in the Philippines. I drop my guard this one time and they almost got me.
They work in teams, one distract's you and the others go for the cash.

I was coming out of a store after having some pictures developed (this was 1986) I was wearing white cotton shorts (it's hot in the PI) I had my change/cash in my front pocket for all the world to see, which is the worst possible place to keep your money. I was busy looking at my pictures (brilliant) and a kid jumps in front of me and starts jabbing me in the stomach like he his kidding around. I immediately know what's going down and I go where my money is/was and yell at the clowns (it was a team of three) so loud that they all jumped back in unison. They got nothing, I stop them in time.

BTW they were terrible. Even being self distracted and in addition to a team member attempting further confusion, I was totally aware of someone being in my left front pocket. No talent. Kinda of a let down. I always thought pickpocket were highly skilled.

In the PI they use razor blades on purse, fanny-bags, and pockets or at least that was one method used in the 1980's, not sure if is still used. But not in this case, he just slip his hand into my pocket and tried to grab my cash.
Octarine Prince
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of Octarine Prince
Quote:
In the PI they use razor blades on purse, fanny-bags, and pockets or at least that was one method used in the 1980's, not sure if is still used. But not in this case, he just slip his hand into my pocket and tried to grab my cash.

The term "cutpurse" has been around since like Abraham and Isaac. PI doesn't have that one cornered.

Gotta keep your head on a swivel; in the hood, in the library, even in a suburban Starbucks.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
A friend of mine thinks he was picked in the local Safeway not that long ago.

I have no doubt that he lost his wallet, but I'm not convinced it was necessarily due to a pickpocket.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.