The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Pardon me, sir... :: Flash or not to flash that is the question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
obuch
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of obuch
There was this question in some topic but almost nobody answerd - flash stolen items behind spec back to show audience or not? and why show or not.

I prefer to show because I do pickpocket in walkaround and if someone behind me will see me stealing they may think its real so I always show and get 2 laughts because of that but it loses some drama too when it comes to final revelation.

so whats your opinions?
samuelchong
View Profile
Loyal user
Penang
237 Posts

Profile of samuelchong
Well, it really depends...

If I'm doing it on stage I don't flash it till the last sequence...
If I'm walking around I'll flash once the objects have been stolen...
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
I think this is mostly a judgment call of the performer.

I would tend to think that most performers should show what is stolen in a close up performance, you are in an intimate setting and if someone else sees the steal, they may ruin the reveal.

But on stage anything goes it seems like.

Ricki Dunn revealed things onstage as he threw the items in his topit. Mark Raffles shows what he takes, as does Apollo.

Paul Potassy doesn't. He reveals at the end of the pickpocket performance, which allows him to perform some nice repeat steals.

I think its what environment you perform in and how you best feel comfortable doing.

Hope that helps