The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Pardon me, sir... :: What watches don't you ever steal? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Chris Becker
View Profile
Veteran user
New York, NY
371 Posts

Profile of Chris Becker
I steal leather straps and expandable metal straps ("put this into your pocket"-method; where I have I seen this?). I am still practicing with those metal bands with only one clasp that you do NOT have to pull over the hand, because it fully opens (at this point, however, I need two hands to undo the clasp, which I don't like).

The one type I will probably never work on is a non-expandable metal strap that comes off over the hand. That doesn't seem worth the effort to me.
- - -
<BR>Cards don't cheat people. People cheat people.
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1464 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
I find the over-the-hand straps easier than the alligator clips!

The two handed steals are tricky!

The ones I don't touch are the velcro straps - unless you have them tearing something, you need to make an awful lot of noise to pull those off Smile
Logic Defied
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
I don't avoid any watches. Just some venues make it harder than others.

Private company cocktail parties, its a little hard to take some metal watches because they make a loud 'click' sound.

Restaurants I find the only kind I can't out right steal is the velcro. (But I do have a suedo steal that I do)

But I've had times when the noise is so loud that you can't hear the velcro.

the metal clasp type you are refering to, I can take both kinds, (the old style is so nice) but the newer kind you do need two hands.

THe older type I've found a way to pop them with one hand, but I'm still perfecting it.