The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Gambling Spot :: Shuffle Tracking (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
cinemagician
View Profile
Inner circle
Phila Metro Area
1094 Posts

Profile of cinemagician
Can anyone recomend some resources on this technique. I'm not planning to use it for gambling, but have used the premise as the basis or theme of a routine I am working on. I just want to be able to acurately discuss the technique so that I actually know what I'm talking about as the routine unfolds.

Thanks
...The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity...

William Butler Yeats
Craig Krisulevicz
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
647 Posts

Profile of Craig Krisulevicz
If you're not going to use it for gambling and just want to get a basic idea of it, it's not worth purchasing the expensive resources for it. Just google it, and you're bound to come up with some articles giving the basic gist of it.
Who is John Galt?
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Cinemagician -

The most concise source I have found is Forte's Gaming Protection book. You will certainly sound like you know what you're talking about if you even use a portion of what Steve has written.

You might also want to contact Sal Piacente and/or view his poker DVD which contains some tracking demonstrations. Of course, Sal gives entire courses to the gaming industry on shuffle tracking with demonstrations that are, quite frankly, unbelievable.

Finally, take a look at:

http://www.lastresortconsulting.com/page......fle.html

Hope some of this helps. - Scott
cinemagician
View Profile
Inner circle
Phila Metro Area
1094 Posts

Profile of cinemagician
Scott, thanks for the info and the link to Zender's article it provides a pretty clear explanation and will aid me in the development of my script.

MW
...The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity...

William Butler Yeats
Logan Five
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1434 Posts

Profile of Logan Five
The book Break The Dealer by Jerry Patterson and Eddie Olson discusses the subject of tracking the shuffle.
Self concept is destiny..
cinemagician
View Profile
Inner circle
Phila Metro Area
1094 Posts

Profile of cinemagician
Thanks!

William Butler Yeats
mxray
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of mxray
The cheapest ACCURATE book is "Black Belt In Blackjack" , by the man who has undoubtedly done more to promote, teach and further shuffle trackng than anyone: Arnold "The Bishop" Snyder.

BBBJ is mostly a beginning counter's book, but has a whole chapter dedicated to explaining the basics of tracking. It is probably the best at explaining it to someone who is either just starting out or has no knoledge about it at all.

I would encourage you to steer clear of Olsen and Patterson. To most serious advantage play blackjakc players, thay are considered a joke, as they both subscribe to lots of what counters often refer to as "voodoo" (non-mathematically sound ideas ).

The Bishop is still considered the authority in his writings on this subject.
Hope this helps,
MXRay
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1731 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
Quote:
On 2006-04-23 00:03, mxray wrote:
I would encourage you to steer clear of Olsen and Patterson. To most serious advantage play blackjakc players, thay are considered a joke...

Absolutely. And it's a shame too. Patterson's first edition of Blackjack: A Winner's Handbook wasn't a bad book. In subsequent editions he added a bunch of his Target 21 garbage and ruined an otherwise fine introduction to the game. Stay very far away from Break the Dealer as well. It's awful.

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks