The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Gambling Spot :: Sal Piacente's Juice (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
dluong
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of dluong
I heard that Sal Piacente was releasing a formula for the juice on his new "Poker Cheats Exposed" DVD (http://www.pocketacesllc.net/osCommerce/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=34&osCsid=f5af939008b75c502adbf034925d875e)

I'm really interested in how this compares to the ones being sold online...has anyone tried it yet? any thoughts or reviews?

thanks,
dluong
dluong
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of dluong
I was also wondering if the ingredients were easy to find in local stores...
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
Someone said that it was better than the stuff online but I'm not sure he knew what he was talking about. it was on the thread about the dvd
you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but never all of the people all the time.
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
Funny, I sent Sal an eMail through his web site about a week or 2 ago and did not get a reply. I just sent another message a few minutes ago.....hopefully, Sal responds regarding the DVD.

If and when he replies, I will order it and let you know what I think....I have seen Juice solutions evolve through the years as US Playing Card Company tired to make marking cards harder.

I am curious to find out if Sal's formula is alcohol free to prevent burning of the finish and if you have to worry about "set times" to prevent burning and making marks too dark.....there was a formula published years ago in a magic book...but, it no longer works on effectively today's cards.

Try placing a drop of alcohol on a card and see how the finish dulls...that is the alcohol buring the finish off the card. That is the problem with alcohol based solutions.
Long Island,

New York
meijin
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA
189 Posts

Profile of meijin
The last I heard from Sal's wife Dee was that Sal was going out on the road. She didn't indicate for how long...but that may be the cause for the delay.

The "juice" that Sal shows on the DVD is fairly simplistic. I am pretty certain he has more info on that topic. BUt what is on the DVD is not going to be earth shattering.

Michael
Michael

There are two groups of people that violate basic principles in any endeavor: idiots and experts. I tend to play poker with most of the idiots!

Partial paraphrase from Jason England comment
The Dowser
View Profile
Special user
Canada
763 Posts

Profile of The Dowser
Sal is presently at a gaming protection conference in 'Vegas ... The formula on the DVD's is basic... but I can personally attest for the absolute deceptiveness of this formula and saw no indication in the finish even holding the cards at different angles under the light . Sal goes ino the application of the juice as well for stronger or lighter marks . His is basically a no nonsense presentation of the juice and he makes what I feel are appropriate comments regarding the online versions .
Dowser.
meijin
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA
189 Posts

Profile of meijin
Makes you wonder what else Sal has "up his sleeve" that won't ever make it onto a DVD... Smile

Michael
Michael

There are two groups of people that violate basic principles in any endeavor: idiots and experts. I tend to play poker with most of the idiots!

Partial paraphrase from Jason England comment
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

He should write a book with all the good stuff ..as we all know..."the best place to hide a secret is to put it in print" Smile
Long Island,

New York
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Dee just replied to me .... I also just ordered the DVD and will let you know what I think after I receive it a watch it.

I'll see how it compares to the Forte videos and book....and if there is any new material exposed.

Since I have never met Sal, nor do I know him....I will try to make my comments/review as objective as possible.
Long Island,

New York
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Will wait for your review!! Thanks
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
BAH1313
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio
445 Posts

Profile of BAH1313
Sodman12, it was I who said that the juice was better than found on the internet, and I know what I'm talking about. Just don't see the point in tipping the formula to somebody who hasnt bought the DVD.
I am truly blessed to have a job where people are laughing all the time and everyone believes in magic....Come to think of it, I'm blessed to even have a job.
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Sodman12 or BAH1313 .....

I ordered the DVD and it is on it's way to me....

But, I would like to ask you (Sodman12 or BAH1313) which name brand juice you have used to make this comparison? I'm curious ?

I know that the cheap $30 juice products are not hard to beat.....I do know that cardsourcer and http://www.marked-cards.com both have excellent products (but each has their own trade offs in terms of "ease of use").

Since I have used juice from not only internet providors, but gambling supply stores (which sell for $250+ a jar)..... hopefully, I will be able to judge for myself in a few days, when I get the DVD.

Most magic stores sell the cheap $30 juice as well....like everything in life, you get what you pay for when it comes to quality Smile
Long Island,

New York
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
Yeah I used some crappy stuff it was from a magic store we used in in 2 or 3 games but its just too visible I didn't really enjoy seeing huge marks on the cards!lol
I did buy some from a store online and I couldn't even make out the marks and paid about 15 bucks for a deck so I'm not saure what happened
you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but never all of the people all the time.
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Now I see the light....as I said, your get what you pay for....Sorry, you had the poor experience with Juice. In my opinion it is the best kind of marked card around.

Although some perople prefer luminous because they don't want to practice reading juice and the filtered sunglasses make reading luminous easier than juice.

Just don't use cheap knock-off products Smile
Long Island,

New York
BAH1313
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio
445 Posts

Profile of BAH1313
Hey sodman, pm me I had the exact same thing happen! The first stuff was like battery acid! The other stuff I'm pretty sure was kool aid. LOL!
At any rate, the method that Sal explains is pretty straight forward, and he gives good info on how to adjust the outcomes.
I am truly blessed to have a job where people are laughing all the time and everyone believes in magic....Come to think of it, I'm blessed to even have a job.
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Funny, you say there are instructions on how to adjust outcomes ? ....the latest generation juice does not require "set times", nor will it strip the finish off the cards leaving a dull/burnt finish....."Outcomes" should not be hard to adjust with a good solution.

Other than burning the finish, worrying about "set times" or "adjusting for outcomes" makes each marked card inconsistant (this is especially a problem if the juice marks are too dark and visable to others) if your "set times" are off by a few seconds.

New Juice formulas allow you to simply apply the solution with no "set time" and then simply add extra coats if you want it darker using a self contained marker/pen. You just want to let the solution dry for a couple of seconds and you don't have to worry about burning/dulling/stripping the finish of the card.

That is why I tell people to avoid cheap alcohol based solutions. Just place a drop of alcohol on a card and see how it dulls/strips the finish off the card.

In either case, I don't want to go any farther on the internet and I will know in a couple of days what is on Sal's DVD....that is why I paid the $100 for the DVD Smile
Long Island,

New York
card cheat
View Profile
Elite user
426 Posts

Profile of card cheat
Hmmm....

Wasn't there a $30.00 discount offered on this DVD?
The Dowser
View Profile
Special user
Canada
763 Posts

Profile of The Dowser
Based on your preferences so far , I sincerely hope you see the value of "the rest" of Sals DVD . The juice formula in Sal's DVD will not be a "new" formula (certainly not new to you anyway ) . His remarks about the online versions do not address any of them individually but rather lumps them all into one category ...the jist of it being that there is a lot of hype surrounding "the juice" and Sal's basic formula is all that is necessary .
Dowser
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
Yeah but would his juice fly in a game?
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1321 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
I've seen the juice that Sal has of which Steve Forte gave to him. If it's the same juice it will fly in a game. As a matter of fact out of all of us that Steve showed a card to that had it on it, I'm the only one that saw it.

Don't forget, I DON'T KNOW IF IT'S THE SAME JUICE WE ALL SAW THAT DAY.

Respectfully

Doc Holiday