The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Gambling Spot :: Just a video I made.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
J0ma
View Profile
New user
Finland
59 Posts

Profile of J0ma
I have practiced the riffle stack for quite a while now and would like to see how you like it Smile don't know if this requires some codecs or anything. Just download VideoLAN client if you cant watch it Smile I posted this here for the seek of advice, so its accepted ;-)

EDIT: Maybe you need the link too? Smile http://rapidshare.de/files/13404860/Video_1.avi.html
Magic Is Life
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
Wheres the video?
you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but never all of the people all the time.
T. Joseph O'Malley
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1937 Posts

Profile of T. Joseph O'Malley
Using Rapidshare: go to the bottom of the page. Click on the box that says "free". Go to the bottom of the next page that appears. Wait the prerequisite time. You'll be asked to enter a 3 character password (provided on screen) into the box. Do so and hit enter. Then watch the video.
tjo'
card cheat
View Profile
Elite user
426 Posts

Profile of card cheat
Then say "Thank You" to T. Joseph O'Malley
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
I got it now it didn't come up with that before
you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but never all of the people all the time.
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
I cant get it to play what player do you guys use
Cliff Rusnick
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of Cliff Rusnick
Well that was like... the bare minimum of stacking skills.. only 3 players and only 2 cards.

just a few pointers,
-you need to go way faster on the shuffles, when you get to the actuall stacking part.
- practice stacking 4 cards face up. that way you can stack less cards with less difficulty.
- rarely when playing poker do you find a 3 player game. try stacking with more players.

when I started riffle stacking I started stacking the 4 aces, face up in a 4 handed game. I found this quite easy and reasonable to start with. then you can work your way up after that.
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
Well since most games will be playing texas holdem I like to just do 2 cards face up and then see how many cards I can hold back at one time I find that the more I try the eaiser it becomes to hold back the low number of cards
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
I just got I to open 10 hours after my first attempt.(lol)
I think when you do your cut then pass you need to do it slower and not leave such a huge gap between the two stacks. it looks like your doing it quickly becasue the cut doesn't matter.
I think the speed is fine it might be a little slow on the first but I think its really the sound that kills it much like the bottom
J0ma
View Profile
New user
Finland
59 Posts

Profile of J0ma
Well thank you everyone Smile Just to mention it I was kinda tired late that night when I filmed that, and I wanted to stack EXACTLY 2 aces because the game was texas hold em. and as steve forte mentions in his GPS tapes: Controlling only one or two key cards in a game can give you a major advantage. Yes, I can stack 3 aces, that's what I have been doing today, and I can stack even four, but I don't kinda like it because I think that in a real game, 4 aces would be suspicious. That I learned actually from Rod the hop. So I decided to stack 2 aces. I know I must go faster, and I am improving every day so far...

I also have practiced the shade switch, I could post a video soon Smile

Thanks,

J0ma
Magic Is Life
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
You've now got blackack. As time moves on you will be able to add more cards and more hands to the stack for different games. Great beginnings keep it up!
J0ma
View Profile
New user
Finland
59 Posts

Profile of J0ma
I got this idea yesterday, I started immediately practising it: I stack 3 aces, and get the 2 first for myself and the 3rd comes at the flop so I have a good possibility to end up with a full house Smile
Magic Is Life
Cliff Rusnick
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of Cliff Rusnick
Just because you practice stacking 4 aces doesn't mean you have to stack 4 in a game. it means you will be able to do it if nesessary, also it will help you for stacking multiple hands if you ever get into that..for things like double duking.

it has nothing to do with why you would or would not do it in a game, right now it's for practice.

sodman, I totally agree with you on the holding back more cards. at first I had problems holding back 4, cause I was so used to holding back 3 cards, I could do it without looking. I decided it was time to kick it up a notch and try 4 cards... well I couldn't do it well enough.. so I kicked it up 4 more notches and tried holding back 8 and stacking 2 hands at once... I tell you .... 8 is fricking hard... but 4 is a breeze now... second nature.
J0ma
View Profile
New user
Finland
59 Posts

Profile of J0ma
Excuse me, what means holding back cards? My english is not so good and so, I don't get ur point very well Smile that's all beacause I am a Finn Smile

Cheers,

J0ma
Magic Is Life
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
I gave up trying to see the video...it downloaded and nothing happened.
Long Island,

New York
J0ma
View Profile
New user
Finland
59 Posts

Profile of J0ma
Wait a second, I paste soon a new link, and a new video too.

EDIT: Heres the new one: http://rapidshare.de/files/13488513/J0ma_shade.wmv.html
And the old one encoded to wmv: http://rapidshare.de/files/13488620/Riffle_stack.wmv.html

Cheers,

J0ma Smile
Magic Is Life
J0ma
View Profile
New user
Finland
59 Posts

Profile of J0ma
Any comments? Smile

J0ma
Magic Is Life
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
The hold back cards are the ones which you put between the 2 aces.
for example for 3 people texas holdem you hold back 2 cards.
I don't think there is a need to stack a 5 handed game in one shuffle since doing one shuffle in a game would not be enough although it would be good for pracitce.
Joma you should work on double duking which is dealing a good hand to someone else and an even better hand to you such as AA vs. KK

Ive been working on holding back more but I think 4 is about the most your going to need to hold back since in four shuffles it will stack you whatever you need in a 9 handed game
J0ma
View Profile
New user
Finland
59 Posts

Profile of J0ma
Ok, I'll give that a try Smile I have practiced the shade change the whole evenning Smile

Cheers,

J0ma
Magic Is Life
J0ma
View Profile
New user
Finland
59 Posts

Profile of J0ma
Any thoughts on the shade switch, I practised it whole last evening Smile
Magic Is Life