The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Gambling Spot :: Making juice (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Does anybody know what the components are in "juice" for marking cards?

I'd like to try and make some, yadda yadda yadda......but don't know what's in it.

Anybody know?
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
Grapes.
If you are not cheating, you are only cheating yourself.

Dutchco is about to put out some new Ebook: DUTCHCO. Get 'em while you can.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Thanks guys, that bandwidth can officially be considered wasted......I anticipated these types of answers, but then figured most on the Café would be above it.........good to see that's not true!

Cheers.
Clock
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
460 Posts

Profile of Clock
All in good fun my friend.
Grant Carden

www.fastcompanydvd.com
Mr. Z
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Mr. Z
Quote:
On 2006-02-05 21:43, silverking wrote:
Does anybody know what the components are in "juice" for marking cards?

I'd like to try and make some, yadda yadda yadda......but don't know what's in it.

Anybody know?

You've drifted above your paygrade.
"...if you have to say you is, you ain't."--Jimmy Hoffa
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
Ha well it is possible to buy some and then deduce from there
you can use the solubility rules. if you know them
you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but never all of the people all the time.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Learning is based on asking questions, and then having those questions answered by those who know the answers.
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
Well we are trying to tell you that you cannot make it!
The chance of finding someone who knows how to make good jucie it unlikely and its even more unlikely that they would want to share that with thousands of others
you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but never all of the people all the time.
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
I'll bet you haven't even tried grapes yet.
If you are not cheating, you are only cheating yourself.

Dutchco is about to put out some new Ebook: DUTCHCO. Get 'em while you can.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Quote:
On 2006-02-06 15:54, sodman12 wrote:
Well we are trying to tell you that you cannot make it!

Come on now....be positive....I can pretty much make anything I want to make.

It's called "learning"....something I never stop doing.

I've already had a couple of answers from a gambling board I'm on, and you know.....the grape juice comment is more truth than fiction.
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
I'm talking about making good juice not some crappy kind that you need glasses to see with
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
I've moved my search for juice over to Secret Sessions.
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
There are 3-4 formulas which work to make juiced cards and 2 of them have serious side effects and both sell in the $30-40 price range.

I paid dearly for the secrets to make real juice and unfortunately am not willing to disclose the formulas. I will tell you that using formulas which involve monitoring a "set time" usually have a problem with making inconsistant marks from card-to-card. More importantly, the marks will be visable because these solutions tend to easily damage the finish of the cards.

These cheap solutions are alcohol based. Try placing a drop of alcohol on a card and watch how it burns the finish. This is because US Playing Card Company changed their finish about 10+ years ago to make marking card's more difficult.

In addition, there is even a cheap knock off Juice marker/pen on the market which burn the finish off the cards. Stick to quality merchandise so you don't have this problem !

Like everything in life, you get what you pay for .... there are no free lunches.

On a more positive note: these cheap juice products are OK for unsophisicated audiences who don't bother looking at the cards for marks.

That is one man's opinion Smile ... I hope this helps.
Long Island,

New York
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Although I suppose if one is dealing with unsophistaced audiences - why bother going to the trouble of using a juiced deck? Get a regular marked one... for that one spectator that tries to grab the deck and 'go to the movies' - well- how the heck did he grab the deck?!!?....

I figured a juice deck is great for gambling and fooling other magicians... I assume the need is for the latter?
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Dr,

I never really had anyone grab the cards except when I was a kid.....As adults, they simply may ask if they can check the cards. If they do that, they will usually check for stripper first by rubbing their fingers along the side of the deck and sometimes even reversing a card.

Then they will to the gambler's riffle test.

I must just work for a tough crowd Smile

But, I agree with you Dr. .... if you have an unsophisticated audience even magic marker dots may pass Smile

Lords knows, I have seen people play cards which were bent, scratched and dirty. Who needs a marked deck when you can just notice obvious natural marks through wear and tear Smile
Long Island,

New York
mook
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of mook
Sal Piacente gives away the formula for juice in his new dvd.
BAH1313
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio
445 Posts

Profile of BAH1313
I made some from the DVD. Much better than the stuff you buy at different internet shops.
I am truly blessed to have a job where people are laughing all the time and everyone believes in magic....Come to think of it, I'm blessed to even have a job.
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

2 questions about the juice:

Any trouble burning the finish ? (hold the card at an angle and reflect light, is their a dulling of the finish ?)

Do you have to worry about "set times " and making the marks too dark and/or damage the finish ?

When you said it is better than the internet stores.....if you compare to Ellusionist selling "the Juice" or "itsinthecards" I know why you think Sal's solution better.

But, have you compared it to http://www.cardsourcerer.com or http://www.marked-cards.com ? They have high quality products.

In case you are interested, http://www.marked-cards.com has a "Juice Dust" product which allows you make a juiced deck right in front of people using their deck without their knowledge. Far better than daubs because it is not a paste, makes real juice cards and cannot dull the finish of the cards.
Long Island,

New York
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
Whats the name of the dvd?
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
"Poker Cheats Exposed"

http://salthehitman.com/Wanted.html