The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Gambling Spot :: About culling (23 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9~10~11 [Next]
900nm
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of 900nm
Always nice to see how topics turn here from time to time lmao Smile
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2015, bishthemagish wrote:
[...] The rest is not worth my time to respond to.

That's such an amazing line!

Sorry, me I deal only with people who can show, not with smooth talkers.
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Quote:
[...] The rest is not worth my time to respond to.

Quote:
On Apr 12, 2015, AMcD wrote:

That's such an amazing line!

Sorry, me I deal only with people who can show, not with smooth talkers.

Me to - so show me a video where a magician culls 4 of a kind and it takes them three hours. Mr. Show or Mr. Talker.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Was a figure of speech. If you can't understand that, there's nothing I can do for you.

I can show you someone taking 3' for it though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCQ4Z_THnUs

Veeeeery convincing, impressive.
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2015, AMcD wrote:
Was a figure of speech. If you can't understand that, there's nothing I can do for you.

I can show you someone taking 3' for it though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCQ4Z_THnUs

Veeeeery convincing, impressive.

The total time of the entire video is 3 minutes 6 seconds. Hardly three hours. And I do not expect you to know what is going on in this video. But I will explain a point. The video is a triumph and THE ONLY VIDEO in which the performer (ME) culls and stacks three different poker hands using a riffle shuffle method.

Something that no one - as far as I have seen can do. I have never seen a method in print or on film or video that anyone can cull and stack three different 4 of a kind hands using any riffle shuffle method. And I have never met a person - performer or card cheat or card worker that can do this. Never!

Your welcome to try Arnold.

The technique was published by me in one of my books and I will be teaching it in my secret facebook group by the end of the year.

I guess there is no video of a magician taking 3 hours to cull cards. Otherwise there would not have been this very low grade attempt to insult me and my work.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

FnB
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of FnB
Maybe I shouldn't write this because i''m nobody... But you Say "something that no one as far as I have seen can do".. And then, As Arnold said, I would say that that is no coinvincing at all, maybe even for a normal person Who never did anything with a pack of cards (i'm just telling my hopinion, no hate!). Ok maybe you're the first to do it, but what's the point? Being able to execute a move, or Being able to do it good enough? By your words it seems that just came up with a new method is enough... For istance if I came up with a method of stacking wich involves only one Shuffle but has the need to retain 13 cards and do a "3-way" spit-stack ,will it be good (if I can do it in 20 seconds)? This was just to clarify my idea.. If I'm wrong tell me..
Francesco
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2015, FnB wrote:
Maybe I shouldn't write this because i''m nobody... But you Say "something that no one as far as I have seen can do".. And then, As Arnold said, I would say that that is no coinvincing at all, maybe even for a normal person Who never did anything with a pack of cards (i'm just telling my hopinion, no hate!).

Judging the moves in the video of being convincing as to pass in a real game of cards is idiotic. At no time in the video did I try to do the move as a convincing/pass in a real game of cards move. The reason I video taped the technique was only to show what was possible using the technique.

If you were to use a hammer and nails to build a house you would need a plan.

The technique is a hammer and nails the plan or the house that can be built with it is up to the student.

Quote:
Ok maybe you're the first to do it, but what's the point? Being able to execute a move, or Being able to do it good enough?

The point was that it was possible as I said above.

Quote:
By your words it seems that just came up with a new method is enough...

This video is quite a few years old now. How I use it - well you and the others in the café are not privileged to see.

Quote:
For istance if I came up with a method of stacking wich involves only one Shuffle but has the need to retain 13 cards and do a "3-way" spit-stack ,will it be good (if I can do it in 20 seconds)? This was just to clarify my idea.. If I'm wrong tell me..
Francesco

Same as above.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

FnB
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of FnB
I was simply judging the video, never mentioned a real game, but anyway my bad in expecting an improved move, I misunderstood. Now I do for your point of view. And again, No Hate glenn.
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Quote:
I was simply judging the video, never mentioned a real game, but anyway my bad in expecting an improved move, I misunderstood. Now I do for your point of view. And again, No Hate glenn.

Improvement is largely a point of view or an opinion. From my point of view it is an improvement over the classic Stevens cull. Simply said that you can't do this kind of culling with the Stevens cull. The cull in the video is the Triumph shuffle cull and stack not the Stevens cull.

I consider the Triumph shuffle a magicians move and it has no place at the card table anyway. So when Arnold linked to this video in what appears to be an attempt to belittle me and my work. I was laughing.

I think that card cheats and card workers know less about magic gambling moves than many magicians I know that know gambling. Also if I may add - I have seen Arnolds work on a few video's that he has posted over the years. And I have never linked to insult them in the manor in which I believe it has been done here. As a manor of interest when anyone has linked to a video if I respond to it I have always responded in a positive non insulting way.

And if I may add - if it were not for the magicians publishing gambling routines, moves ideas and routines, over the years (Scarne, Dai Vernon, Erdnase, Hugard etc.) There would be little information out there to learn from or start with - period. So to insult magicians and say that they could not do their moves at the card table is really a straw mans argument. And I think in very bad taste indeed.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Where Magicians have been insulted here? Tell us...

At worst, YOU are the one insulting Magicians with your poor technique! You don't even understand a figure of speech!!! Saying that it takes someones x hours to do something is simply an exaggerated way to say he's too slow, that he needs/requires too much time to do something.

3 minutes and 6 seconds!!! Do you realize how ridiculous it is? Do you know that the time it takes to your in that video we can play 1 full round of Poker (probably 2 in fast games)?

Saying that someone has a poor technique is not an insult, it's just telling him the truth. Saying that most of the Magicians know nothing about Gambling (even in its more amateurish form) is not an insult. It's a fact. I know dozens of Magicians, and some are among the best. I have (and always had) problems with only the same category of people. Old stars, has-beens, self acclaimed "best of the best" people and so on. Common denominators? Poor technique (most of the time), court of worshipers (so happy to buy their crap just because they have a name) and completely outdated. Other characteristics can be: poor culture, arrogance, self-importance, sufficiency and jealousy. Very often all together.
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
Quote:
So to insult magicians and say that they could not do their moves at the card table is really a straw mans argument.

I think it's a given that most magicians couldn't (more likely "wouldn't") work under fire, or understand the reasoning behind a move and how it's used at the gambling table, even if their lives depended on it.

Your posts prove the truth in that line of thinking Glenn. As a magician, you simply don't understand what you presume to understand - and this is obvious to those who really do understand what you think you understand.

Regardless, you come across as extremely naive and terribly off-topic in this recent series of posts Glenn, and I guarantee that any regular poster reading the Gambling Spot is not remotely interested in your "secret Facebook" page, or being preached to about gambling moves by somebody who so clearly has no idea what he's talking about with regards to the gambling table.

And I must agree with Arnold that your technique and original moves are poorly thought out, and further that nobody is doing anything remotely like "belittling" you - they're simply telling you the truth.
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
That video made my hair hurt!

What the hell was the point?

I want my three minutes back!
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
It's a very, very painful video to watch.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16557 Posts

Profile of tommy
Personally I am always interested in any ideas to see if they can be developed or adapted or whatever. Thanks Bish.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Quote:
So to insult magicians and say that they could not do their moves at the card table is really a straw mans argument.

Quote:
On Apr 12, 2015, Artie Fufkin wrote:
I think it's a given that most magicians couldn't (more likely "wouldn't") work under fire, or understand the reasoning behind a move and how it's used at the gambling table, even if their lives depended on it.

It may be a given where you come from and you may think that it is a given however I have no ego invested in my work. And what you say is a given makes me think that you don't know as much about magic and magicians as you think you do.

Quote:
Your posts prove the truth in that line of thinking Glenn. As a magician, you simply don't understand what you presume to understand - and this is obvious to those who really do understand what you think you understand.

What? I certainly do not understand this line. Except that I will say that you have no idea just what my gambling/gaming/card playing experience really is.

Quote:
Regardless, you come across as extremely naive and terribly off-topic in this recent series of posts Glenn, and I guarantee that any regular poster reading the Gambling Spot is not remotely interested in your "secret Facebook" page, or being preached to about gambling moves by somebody who so clearly has no idea what he's talking about with regards to the gambling table.

Good because I don't think that you or most of your so called regulars would qualify.

Quote:
And I must agree with Arnold that your technique and original moves are poorly thought out, and further that nobody is doing anything remotely like "belittling" you - they're simply telling you the truth.

[/quote]
Again a straw mans argument. It is easy to belittle what someone doesn't understand and lacks the imagination to put it into practice. But your post gladdens my heart because it proves to me my point.

Quote:
On Apr 12, 2015, Kabbalah wrote:

I did not link to it - I merely answered questions pertaining to it. Besides I don't think that you could cull and stack three different poker hands from a slug with any riffle shuffle technique. Besides using the triumph shuffle and copy my work.

And that thought pleases me.

Quote:
It's a very, very painful video to watch.

I did not link to it - I merely answered questions pertaining to it. Besides I don't think that you could cull and stack three different poker hands from a slug with any riffle shuffle technique. Besides using the triumph shuffle and copy my work.

Quote:
On Apr 12, 2015, tommy wrote:
Personally I am always interested in any ideas to see if they can be developed or adapted or whatever. Thanks Bish.

Thanks Tommy remember the old saying - you can lead a horse to water.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
Quote:
I will say that you have no idea just what my gambling/gaming/card playing experience really is.

Based on what, and how you post ... indeed I (and everybody else here) know exactly what your experience level is.

We'll just leave it with the fact that you carry your "nut" around in a plastic beer cup!
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Quote:
I will say that you have no idea just what my gambling/gaming/card playing experience really is.

Quote:
Based on what, and how you post ... indeed I (and everybody else here) know exactly what your experience level is.

We'll just leave it with the fact that you carry your "nut" around in a plastic beer cup!

And you still don't know. And I always love the straw man argument whenever someone posts or says "I and everyone here". To my way of thinking it is just an egotist trying to sound bigger than they really are. As they assume a large ego and speak for a whole group.

Unlike you I don't invest my ego into my work. And it seems that you can't cull and stack 3 different poker hands of four of a kind from a slug using a different table riffle shuffle other than the triumph shuffle.

That thought pleases me.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:

Quote:

Link to it?

For whatever reason, you actually posted that drek on YouTube.

What were you thinking? Do you think that it has any real value?

Why would I want to cull and stack three different poker hands from a slug?!

Copy your *work*?

Smile Smile Smile

ETA:

Quote:

I don't invest my ego into my work.

Smile Smile
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Quote:

Link to it?

For whatever reason, you actually posted that drek on YouTube.

What were you thinking? Do you think that it has any real value?

Why would I want to cull and stack three different poker hands from a slug?!

Copy your *work*?

Still can't... And it seems no one could. That's the point. But inept minds usually don't have the vision or the imagination to take a hammer and nails and build their own house (make it work for them).
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Bobbycash
View Profile
Special user
Australia
694 Posts

Profile of Bobbycash
Glenn,
Is there anything at all anyone on this forum could actually say that would make you change your mind or are you impervious to any criticism at all?
It seems like you don't want to hear anything negative about the techniques you have provided. If you don't want to hear commentary on what you post or your opinions why do you come to a forum?
I am sorry if this seems offensive but I'm just trying to call a spade a spade.