The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: I'm a real boy! :: Ventriloquist Toby Jug (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Chuck Lyons
View Profile
Loyal user
Channahon, IL
264 Posts

Profile of Chuck Lyons
I recently purchased a Ventriloquist Toby Mug, with moving eveys and living mouth. I know by checking at ventriloquist Central that Insull made these, but can anyone give me more information. Mine is a repoduction not wood. How woere they used? or were they a novelty like the talking cane or pocket figures. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Click here to view attached image.
Chuck Lyons
View Profile
Loyal user
Channahon, IL
264 Posts

Profile of Chuck Lyons
Here is a better picture

Click here to view attached image.
marshalldoll
View Profile
Special user
554 Posts

Profile of marshalldoll
Chuck your Toby Jug was put out in 2002 by The Magic Art Studio. There were only 12 of them made for Magic Art Studio by Dan Payes.
You are correct in assuming it is a novelty item. Insull did many different novelty items and his Toby Jug and Pocket Figure are the ones everyone knows although they are exceedingly rare. Total production of Insull pocket figures was 16 and I believe the Toby Jug by Insull is even less.
Dan
http://www.ventriloquistcentral.com
Chuck Lyons
View Profile
Loyal user
Channahon, IL
264 Posts

Profile of Chuck Lyons
Dan thank you I saw your video and tried to contact you directly but could not get it to go thru thanks you so much for the info and the creator of this one.