The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: I'm a real boy! :: Converting a doll in to a vent figure (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Justin McWilliams
View Profile
1983 - 2005
New Jersey
157 Posts

Profile of Justin McWilliams
I've recently been struck an idea. Turning a Chuckie doll into a vent figure for having fun with my friends. Just want to know if any body has any experience doing something similar.

So far my ideas are: Buying a puppet "The Slappy doll from goosebumps fully loaded with all the features, (Blinkers, Rising eyebrows, moving eyes. Take it apart to find out the mechanics.

And get a Danny Oday puppet because the chins are pretty close to the same.

Cut the Chuckie doll up and the other puppets and remove every thing from the other puppets and install it into chuckie.

Also I want the hand to be able to grasp a knife (blade dulled down so it can't cut......You know to help sell that chuckie is really alive.

What are your thought on doing thing? Besides being stupid and wasting money.
Hey I'm a magician, i've never told a lie.....oops:o/
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
I don't think many people remember exactly what Chucky looks like. So any boy figure with wild hair holding a knife will probably be seen as Chucky. Anyhow, you don't want an exact replica if it's a parody.
For your common-or-garden doll with a hollow plastic head you could probably just cut the approriate slots from the corners of the mouth and work it up and down with one finger coming through from the base.
BTW What's a Slappy doll?

For me, wasting money on stupid stuff is always a wise investment.

George
Chuck Lyons
View Profile
Loyal user
Channahon, IL
264 Posts

Profile of Chuck Lyons
George, Slappy is a character from a series of books that were written for kids in the US. R L Stien was the author and he was a conitunation of the evil vent figure that was possessed and would do murderous acts. The have made a plastic vent figure like the danny odays or archie andrew figures.
Justin McWilliams
View Profile
1983 - 2005
New Jersey
157 Posts

Profile of Justin McWilliams
Thank you. you've described that far better than I would have.
Hey I'm a magician, i've never told a lie.....oops:o/