The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: I'm a real boy! :: Looking for quality vent doll's site (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
That's not my side...
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.
rickmorse
View Profile
Regular user
Flushing, MI
131 Posts

Profile of rickmorse
As are most things vent, this is a personal opinion. I've owned a Lovik "living mouth figure" (what a piece of--um--interesting stuff) and an Insull. I like the leather movements, but give me a slot-jaw figure anytime--just be sure the slots are minimal, such as on Marshalls, Selbergs, Hartzes, etc.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Again...a matter of opinion...but size of the slot doesn't bug me...it's not as if the aud thinks it's a real boy/man/old lady sitting there...not these days...It's a puppet...puppets have slotted mouths...or they can be real creepy! hahaha (shivers)
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Matthew Kimbro
View Profile
New user
D.C.
16 Posts

Profile of Matthew Kimbro
Ray Guyll could make you a "living" mouth styled figure. So could Alan Semok. Both of which are backlogged and we are talking about a LONG wait (4 years+).

BUT......I've seen Dan Payes do a few living mouth figures...and I've heard his work isn't bad, and he is quite affordable. You might contact him through http://www.danpayespuppetry.com. He gets better all of the time, and would probably be more than happy to discuss a custom order with you.

The "master" at creating a non-slot jaw mouth is Geoff Felix out of London. If you live in America, good luck on talking him into doing business with you. He has mastered all of the "Insull" techniques and does stellar work. I think he was burned by an American once in a business transaction which left a bad taste in his mouth. He is very nice though, so if you do your homework his email address CAN be found.

So...the news just keeps getting better right?

But wait! There is hope. You could ALWAYS purchase a used Insull figure. These come up periodically on ebay and range in price from $1500-$2500 depending on the condition and amount of movements available.

In the end though, I agree with Rick. Give me a slot jaw figure anytime. The mouths open much wider, and they don't seem as stiff, or rigid as a living mouth figure. I was really hot on the idea of owning an Insull. I now own a REALLY nice standing Insull with all of the movements plus some. I mean, the cream of the crop. But I would NEVER consider performing with it. It just seems to stiff and unfriendly. Great collectors item and display piece, but nothing to use on stage. Of course there are many who would disagree with my assessment. It is all very subjective.

BTW, I've owned two of the Lovik "Storyteller Studios" era living mouth figures. They make great kindling.

Best,
Matt
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1954 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Hello folks, thank you for all your responces...
Let me looks thru it...

CC