The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: I'm a real boy! :: Vent mask ripped off ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Dickens & Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
North Central Florida
1813 Posts

Profile of Dickens & Dave
Quote:
On 2011-07-22 14:11, tacrowl wrote:
Servante & Blueshawk1 - I'm starting to find myself wishing I was two decades in the future! ;-)

Good luck with that, I'm still betting it won't be over yet then.

Quote:
On 2011-07-22 14:33, Servante wrote:
Hey, wait a minute! I've been doing this since I was four years old, and I'm ancient! You might owe ME money! Smile
-Philip

Hmmm, maybe if no one is claiming standing and holding a figure, I can claim to be the originator, trademark it and sue everyone who does it.
Cool!
Of course then there will be a 100 people claiming they did it first.
http://dickensndave.bravehost.com/index.html

"Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest."
Jimeuax
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Jimeuax
Soon, everyone in the world will have seen the mask....(almost there now)....then someone will actually come up with something NEW!!!!!yea!!!!!!
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Jim, look at Axtell's Mic Mouth
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Philip;

The book came on Monday; I had a very busy work week between performing, posting questions about a mask here and the agency.

I have not had time to look closely, but a quick look by flipping through the book leads me to believe I received the Kings James translation of 10,000 Jokes, Toasts and Stories.

:gift: Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

LOL
Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Servante
At least it's not in Aramaic. Smile

-Philip
Dickens & Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
North Central Florida
1813 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-07-22 21:42, Jimeuax wrote:
Soon, everyone in the world will have seen the mask....(almost there now)....

I think the "almost there now" more applies to everyone having seen it repeatedly by now.

Quote:
On 2011-07-22 21:59, Howie Diddot wrote:
:gift: Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Holy cow! Did you just discover the smiley link?

Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
LOL NO, I found them about 1100 posts ago, I just save them up for special occasions so I can make an impression
Dickens & Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
North Central Florida
1813 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-07-22 21:51, Howie Diddot wrote:
Jim, look at Axtell's Mic Mouth

I was going to edit my last post to include a reply to this, but you beat me to it Buzz, got a post in before I could.
Anyway, while that's something new, it's kind of sort of the same thing.

Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Well Jim was asking for something new
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Where did the guy Andy Comic go off too?

He was the original poster to this thread and he hasn’t posted in awhile; did we scare him away?
Jimeuax
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Jimeuax
Wait, this just in...apparently Ronn claims he invented the microphone!
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
I have been piecing together the entire discussion in my head and I am now on the fence about buying a mask, at first I was against owning it, now I’m starting to think differently because of the entire discussion.

I am formulating ideas in my head that would make a good routine, but now I have other concerns about using a mask in San Francisco, other than Ronn or the origination of the mask
Dickens & Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
North Central Florida
1813 Posts

You should, you wouldn't want to be one of the few vents who don't use one. If you live in Elephant's Breath, Nebraska, or Bumfuct, Egypt, you might even actually find some people who have never seen it before.
:bg:

Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Nebraska sounds good to me now, lately no matter where I walk in San Francisco it’s an uphill walk, both ways, I think someone re-tilts the street after I arrive at my uphill destination for the uphill trip back to my office.

About the mask; there is another vent in the San Francisco area that I think has just got a mask, he posted a thread on the Café asking for someone to send him a routine to use.

I looked at his website and this vent has sort of copied my signature concerning the moving of my lips; I would think it’s counterproductive with both of us advertising a mask which based on the lip movement copying, I’m sure he will do.

I can create other routines that would be exciting while he uses the mask with borrowed routines.

It’s like Wanlu agreeing to not use the TOM in the same area that Ony is performing it. I have not decided yet if I will buy the mask and create a routine or just move on to another product that I will not have to compete with in the same market.

With a little more information about the mask here I will decide what I want to do.
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Buzz, lips not moving isn't an original. Check out: http://www.mylipsdontmove.com

There have been lots of ventriloquists that push that. Unfortunately some of them shouldn't.

Tom
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

Dickens & Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
North Central Florida
1813 Posts

Wow, I forgot all about her. She's from the area where I just moved from. There was a period, years ago when we were in touch via emails, even briefly talked about having me "guest" in one, but we never got to meet and I never got to see any of her shows.

Quote:
There have been lots of ventriloquists that push that. Unfortunately some of them shouldn't.

Most of the ones that shouldn't are usually the ones that say it's not important.

Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On 2011-07-23 11:57, tacrowl wrote:
Buzz, lips not moving isn't an original. Check out: http://www.mylipsdontmove.com

Tom

Tom; I am refering to;

"My lips are not moving and there is nothing up my sleeves"

Not my lips don't move
Steve at The Dummy Shoppe
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Steve at The Dummy Shoppe
In this case we are talking about our good friend Sylvia (Markson) Fletcher. The website protrayed needs to be updated because she is now using 4 of JETs puppets. 2 Diva's, 1 very mischieveous little girl, and one old Hindu man that she renamed in my "honor" and now calls him Steev. He is Hoooot! (And she is nuts - in a good way). One of the best Vents I have seen and she keeps it totally clean.

Steve

http://www.thedummyshoppe.com
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
Buzz, Maybe you should try walking backwards while walking around SF. Then you might be walking downhill.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Maybe I can wear the mask on the back of my head when I walk backwards; that would be a good use for the mask,

Chris, do you own a mask?