The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ballooning 101 :: Balloon management (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but I couldn't find it anywhere.
As a magician, I also do balloon twisting. What's the best way to manage balloons. I'd like to keep them separated by color. I know there are balloon aprons, but I'd feel silly putting one of those on after my magic show, just to do balloons. Any ideas/suggestions?
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
I have a few soft wine bottle carriers I use to manage the different balloons and a soft coolr for my bulk balloons
http://www.riffclown.com/MagicCafe/Dscf0001.jpg http://www.riffclown.com/MagicCafe/Dscf0002.jpg
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Rob,
That's great! Thanks for the pic. That's a great idea! THANKS
rden
View Profile
New user
Sugar Land, Texas
75 Posts

Profile of rden
The soft wine carrier idea is great!

For an alternative, http://www.twistemup.com makes a Busking Bag that uses strips of velcro to group balloons together. With a drawstring top, you can close it to look pretty much any old bag, then open it and have easy access to your balloons.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I have to agree Rob. Great idea.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
I also use the "busking bag" from Twist em up. I like it very much, and use it when strolling or at times when there's no table. Their velcro system is very slick.

Ron
YVRDave
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, BC
104 Posts

Profile of YVRDave
When I bought one of those metal atache case/tool boxes to use for my magic stuff, it came with a second matching cae, but smaller. It has adjustable compartments, that I use to sort my balloons, and the tool part in the lid is great for sharpies and other non-balloon stuff that I like to use.
phill
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
365 Posts

Profile of phill
I second Ron's suggestion for the twist'em up busking bag. It works VERY well, keeping the balloon stock in your control and not out in the open. The busking bag has pockets on the outside as well for specialty balloons markers etc.....

peace,
phill
Scripture, Sculptures & Surprises!
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I use a flat change bag. Light balloons one side, dark the other side and different type or sze in the other.

Matt
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Matt, that's a cute idea but why seperate them into light and dark?
They're the ones easy to seperate at a glance. The ones that are hard to pick out black, purple, dark green will all be in the same compartment. Why not have a system where you have the seperate dark colours in different compartments.
For an entertainers assorment-
Compartment 1-orange, green, dark blue
Comp 2-White, light blue, purple
Comp 3-black, red, Yellow

I use a tool box that has a removable sit-in frame with elastic thread through it for keeping colours seperate.(Although,.occasionally don't bother with it and just empty bags into it)
It has 9 seperate compartments at the front for novetly balloons: heads, bee-bodies etc. I adjusted a music stand so the whole lot can screw into the bottom so I can have it standing beside me at hand height and out of little hand's reach.

I really like Rob's idea, too.
George
mdspark
View Profile
Special user
784 Posts

Profile of mdspark
Dearwiseone,

I have a balloon apron from Twist'em Up...Somtimes I carry it over my opposite shoulder after letting out the waist strap to the appropriate length...I too, love the idea of the soft wine carrier bag.

Mark