The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ballooning 101 :: Balloon Tape (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Robynhood
View Profile
Regular user
Charleston, SC
166 Posts

Profile of Robynhood
What is the best tape to use on balloons? I recently had a friend challenge me to make video game characters so I made a mario going up a vine to a cloud. I taped it up to my wall by the ends of the cloud to take a pic of it, and it had a hard time holding up because all I had was scotch tape. Would it be best for me to invest in a balloon decorating book or dvd to find these tricks and tips? I like to bring premade balloons to parties to act as decor and I'm stumped on the best way to secure them.
greatscott
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Profile of greatscott
Have you tried glue dots?
Robynhood
View Profile
Regular user
Charleston, SC
166 Posts

Profile of Robynhood
I have heard of using glue dots and want to get some, but I wonder how well they will work for larger peices. Smile
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5695 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
They'll work very well, you'll just need to use more of them...
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
JC Johns
View Profile
Regular user
Annapolis, MD, USA
133 Posts

Profile of JC Johns
Not sure if this might be something you are interested in, but Ken Stillman recommended a tape for balloons called Balloon Bond, it holds a lot better than glue dots. See http://www.magmover.com/balloon-tapes/balloon-bond.html

I have used duck tape for attaching larger pieces to walls.
Robynhood
View Profile
Regular user
Charleston, SC
166 Posts

Profile of Robynhood
Thank you so much guys!
EvansFlorida
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of EvansFlorida
Rubber cement works great. (Acid free of course) I use to use glue dots, but rubber cement works like a champ! As far as to walls, I'm not sure. However, rubber cement does usually just roll off into a ball which makes it nice when we attach things to chairs for decor.
You Never Knew The Impossible Could Be So Funny!
Family Events - www.EvansFlorida.com

Premiere Corporate Comedy Magic - www.ImpossiblyFunny.com