The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ballooning 101 :: Tonight was Awesome (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
magic4jc
View Profile
Regular user
Texas, USA
148 Posts

Profile of magic4jc
Wow!

I am a noob at balloon twisting. I've known the basic dog / giraffe for a few years, but I've just started learning other stuff about three months ago. So far, I can do about 20 different sculptures, not counting several crazy hats.

Anyway, I took my family out to eat tonight, and my daughter (8 yrs old) wanted me to take my balloons in, so I did. I saw a family with three children (aprox ages 4-10), and my daughter asked me if I would make them a balloon animal. I said "If their parents don't mind, I guess I could." I asked the parents if I could make a balloon sculpture for each kid. They said "SURE"!!! Well, as I was doing so, other families around started asking me to come to their tables and make balloons for their kids. So I did. Then the wait staff all came to me with "special request" ballon requests. So I made them. Then more families asked. Then the manager of the place came and asked for one. I twisted my little heart out, and the next thing you know, I'd been twisting for nearly 2 hours. I didn't accept tips, though not many offered. And I left feeling so "giddy" and happy.

Now before you pros get on me about doing this for free, remember that I am a balloon beginner. This was great experience for me. I don't intend to do it for free all the time, this was just a special situation. Also, I live in a VERY VERY rural area. The only other twisters that I know of around here are my mentors, and they live in a big city about 60 miles away. The don't even market themselves here, so I didn't steal anyone's business.

But it was amazing. I was right on track. I was funny. I twisted good. Everyone seemed to love me. And the owners son was very impressed. HHHMMM..... This may lead into a regular PAYING gig!

Anyway, I'm on cloud nine, and just wanted to share me experience with yall!!!

Bye,
Mike
mikecorry.com
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
That is absolutely awesome! Way to go Mike -- you rock!!! Smile

You might want to check back with the owner to see if he would like to have this on a regular basis at the restaurant. Since he saw how popular it was, you can certainly point out how this would be a great drawing card for his restaurant, and make his establishment stand out a little more among all those in the area.

Keep 'er going!

Brian