The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ballooning 101 :: Question about design stability... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3727 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Here's an unusual question for fellow balloon twisters. I've been twisting professionally (and NOT just for tips..heh heh) for about 10 years now, and I find some balloon designs just not stable enough to hand out. Here's what I mean, a lot of Bruce Kalver's designs have "loose" parts (arms, pants, whatever...) that can (and WILL) be removed by the kids while dining. Do you other balloon artists find that the more solid sculptures are better? I don't wanna make a great Mickey Mouse, only to have the kid remove the arms and give 'em to his brother as he uses it as a gun in the restaurant. I really don't want my artwork to look crappy to new customers who come in and see a kid holding a....whatever it looks like after dismantling. I prefer something where all the pieces are solidly attached. Is it just me?

Steve Thomas
BIlly James
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of BIlly James
I agree, I haven't made any Bruce Kalver designs (that I'm aware of) but I have at times twisted my way through half an hours worth of instructions only to end up with an unstable floppy figure that I would never give out in a working situation.

I'm STILL looking for a really good Mickey Mouse (or any Disney parody), so far I've worked through a few online instrucions but the things were not only unstable but didn't really look 'Mickey like'.

So it's not just you.

:)