The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Catch this if you can! :: Facial Balance (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
rsummer27
View Profile
Loyal user
South Carolina
225 Posts

Profile of rsummer27
I have been working on a facial balance (balancing objects on nose, chin and forehead) for a while now. Are there any tricks to learning?
Giggles the Clown buys all of his
supplies at www.madhattermagicshop.com
Super Low Prices on Videos and DVDs!
Budihaha
View Profile
Veteran user
Bandung - Indonesia
331 Posts

Profile of Budihaha
I just know about balancing peacock feather on the nose and ball balancing on the nose. But the second is fake, by using some rubber cement, just for fun.

I got the balancing ball idea from a beginner clown book, but forget the title now.

Regards,

Budi Ha Ha
Budi H. Hadiwarsito
Bandung - Indonesia
www.budihaha.com
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Probably the easiest thing to balance on your nose is a pencil balloon. I used to make enormous structures (like a monkey in a palm tree) and found it very easy.
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
I learnt with a broom. The larger the broom head the easier it is to learn.

Also keep your eyes fixed on the top of the object you intend to balance.

Oh, and the longer the pole is the easier it is to balance. Something to do with having more time to move under it.

Hope this is of some help.

Roslyn
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Hi, I'm another strange person who enjoys balancing things on my face.
As, Roslyn says, keep your eyes on the top, that's about the only secret, the rest is practise.
Like Sanscan says, balloons are good for this, I often do a trick where I make a sword then balance it on my nose while making a poodle behind my back, this is a lot easier than it sounds but most people are very impressed by it.

Something to watch for when doing light objects is air conditioning systems. On quite a few occasions I've done all the build up only to find out after that I'm standing in a big draught.

George
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
I LOVE BALANCING THINGS ON MY FACE! Especially my chin for some reason...whenever I do yardwork I will take the rake, broom, shovel, whatever and throw it up on my chin and balance it there. I also enjoy balancing a spinning plate on my chin. Good luck!

Also, if you're a club juggler, balance a club on your face (the end with the little ball on your face) and when you're ready to juggle let it fall in front of you off your face and begin juggling. It should fall so that you can catch it easily and begin juggling. Try it, it's not as hard as you think Smile.

Daniel Santos