The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Catch this if you can! :: Are black body clubs are the new black? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
What do you think, Jugglers?

http://twitpic.com/56fcr2
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Not for me.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
CDS
View Profile
Regular user
MI
109 Posts

Profile of CDS
My current dube clubs are black... I have had them for over 4 yrs.

Chuck
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
Quote:
On 2011-06-07 14:55, CDS wrote:
My current dube clubs are black... I have had them for over 4 yrs.

Chuck

Entirely black?
itshim
View Profile
Elite user
Milton Keynes
417 Posts

Profile of itshim
Black clubs and black backdrops go so well together.

Nigel
I knew a man who kept saying "pliers, pincers, scissors". He was speaking in tongs.

www.itshim.co.uk
CDS
View Profile
Regular user
MI
109 Posts

Profile of CDS
The body is black. It is a dual arc style, vinyl: for the 3 clubs one is all red, the other is all white, & the last is blue. I added white stars to the blue one. To make the stars I found a star punch at the craft store.
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
Quote:
On 2011-06-10 09:06, CDS wrote:
The body is black. It is a dual arc style, vinyl: for the 3 clubs one is all red, the other is all white, & the last is blue. I added white stars to the blue one. To make the stars I found a star punch at the craft store.

Nice!

Would you be amenable to showing a picture?
CDS
View Profile
Regular user
MI
109 Posts

Profile of CDS
I have never posted a pic in here but when I make the time to take a pic of the clubs and resize. I will share the pics.

Chuck
CDS
View Profile
Regular user
MI
109 Posts

Profile of CDS
philblackmore
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of philblackmore
I don't really understand why you would want a black body. If you are performing you want the clubs to be as bright and visual as possible. Bright colours or White. Even just practicing I'd want the same.
The black looks like it shows up Scuff marks as much if not more than White, so no advantage there.
Aesthetically I think it looks horrible, but that's not my main reason for disliking it.

It may be useful if you always juggle in a White room I guess, but even then something like bright orange would be more visible.
CDS
View Profile
Regular user
MI
109 Posts

Profile of CDS
Philblackmorehat what is your main reason for disliking it?

When I use these clubs it is for practicing or in parades, like 4th of July.(I think my main reason for going with the black was, I didn't like the white on white club look, and I wanted something diffrent.)

Chuck
philblackmore
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of philblackmore
I want my clubs to be as bright and visual as possible and black is generally the least visible colour.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I'm with Phil I have two sets red on gold striped, and gold on red striped Dube light weight european clubs.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Rotten
Thank you for posting a pic of used black clubs. I thought the benefit would be less scuff marks.

A little clorox clean up and a brillo pad and my whites come clean. If I want to get picky I use a light sand paper. The kind used on auto body. Just to get rid of any fuzz.

All of mine are white. Easier for me to see. The audience is secondary when it comes to that. I want them to see. I have to see. And if the lighting isn't bright I would imagine the black body would be even harder to see.

I'll stick with white cause it is stuck on me. ;-)
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
Black body clubs are a bit of a misnomer – at least the ones shown in this thread. There is a center portion in black, with the ends and extended handle sections in various colors.

Depending on the performer’s clothing color palette (even if all black), these clubs create a rather impressive sense of disconnectedness. The two colorful ends (top and bottom) are broken up by a less visible zone, making the overall spin visual quite enchanting.

This is much more dramatically visual when using the amazing Dube Lighted Clubs. I have been experimenting with these; blacking out a center strip using black electrical tape. The effect is astonishing in a dark room – it looks as if I am manipulating 6 distinct objects. Changing up patterns is also very impressive using this technique of isolated “blacking out” sections of the Lighted Clubs.

Try it and let me know what you think!
mika
View Profile
New user
USA & Germany
100 Posts

Profile of mika
Yes,good topic. I have been wondering for a while. What's the best color for a performer. I have Henrys in red/ silver and I wonder if another color or a combination would be better for the stage lights.