The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Catch this if you can! :: Favorite Juggling tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
philipi56
View Profile
Regular user
grand rapids, MI
142 Posts

Profile of philipi56
What are your guys favorite tricks/siteswaps with clubs and balls? My favorite ball trick is mills mess, and my favorite club trick is chops. Philip
Stick Man
View Profile
Regular user
UK
178 Posts

Profile of Stick Man
Mills mess
The Revenge
Cherry Picker
Twin Elevator (I made this one up myself)
Cross Armed Reverse Cascade
Four Ball Mills Mess
Smile
circus_freak17
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of circus_freak17
I like to do a lot of starts and stops or "stalls" with three and four balls. My favorites are neck catch, ear/shoulder catch and chin catch. I would really like to learn how to stall a ball on top of my head like Luke Burrage. My fav. 4-ball trick is the shower. I have been working on it for a little more than 4 months and I love it!!! I also like doing body throws like behind the back, under the leg, and over the shoulder. I just recently accompished the Box with 3-balls. For some reason I just tend to make it harder than it really is!!! I got it now and I will never forget how to do it. I also like the Machine or Factory.

Charles
Smile
Charles Watson
Stick Man
View Profile
Regular user
UK
178 Posts

Profile of Stick Man
Ever tried the revenge with 4 balls, that can be funny

I can do the chop orbit on the one side but when I go to switch to the other, balls fly everywhere Smile

The jugglers aquarium site had some great tricks on it. I'm not sure if it's still running though.

Chainsaw, I like that one too.

Does anyone here think that the Mills Mess in the ball juggling encyclopedia was way over-rated. They made it sound so hard.
Welshwizard
View Profile
Loyal user
Wales
292 Posts

Profile of Welshwizard
I learnt to juggle a few months ago. I only juggle with three balls and know a few very basic tricks. I was given a set of big (and good quality I think) juggling clubs for Christmas but they have stayed on the shelf since then. Can someone recommend a good book to learn a few tricks?
Stick Man
View Profile
Regular user
UK
178 Posts

Profile of Stick Man
There's not many club tricks to be honest.

The tricks available are mostly passing tricks. But Charlie Dancey's, Encyclopedia of Club Juggling is a good book
philipi56
View Profile
Regular user
grand rapids, MI
142 Posts

Profile of philipi56
I would have to recommend the Compendium of Club juggling by Charlie Dancey too. I have it and it is a great resource not only for one person work but for passing. I use it all the time. Philip
Jewls
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan-USA
360 Posts

Profile of Jewls
I think there are more patterns for clubs then balls? You can do all of the ball patterns plus ad flips, flourishes, kick ups. I love passing and coordinate a juggling club we get together every week to pass clubs and learn new things.
Go to http://www.juggling.org/ and look for a club or festival in your area, you will also find help there for starting out with your clubs. I like the club juggling encyclopedia.
I also like the international juggling data base. http://www.jugglingdb.com Hope this helps!
Stick Man
View Profile
Regular user
UK
178 Posts

Profile of Stick Man
I've never had a set of normal clubs. I only have fire clubs so some of the moves I can't do because I would be in the hospital if I did. Smile
Dark illusionist
View Profile
Loyal user
pough town new york
253 Posts

Profile of Dark illusionist
Stick man - what is the cherry picker?

Jewls - I started out as a club guy and then 18 months ago invested in 5 beanbags and have been working on them 90% of the time. I love clubs but I think balls has many more patterns.

My favorite patter with clubs is doable chops and with balls I love the 5 ball cascade. My personal favorite is juggling 5. catching 4. going into a mulitplex, 5 ball columns and then catching the odd ball on my neck, throwing it back up and going back into 5 ball cascade. The hard part of that for me is thowing a ball off the back of my neck.

Jonathan
Check out my brand new website:

www.ovationmagic.cjb.net

if you like it sign the guest book, if you realy like it then realy sign the guest book. If you hate it then go away.
Jewls
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan-USA
360 Posts

Profile of Jewls
Yep, popping that neck catch up can be hard on your neck. Some just let it roll off and drop into their hand/pattern. Perhaps there are more patterns for balls? I guess, I never set out to count but the ball juggling encyclopedia and the club juggling encyclopedia are the same size? I have torches and knives, the knives are a little heavy I keep my routine with them clean and simple.
shawlie
View Profile
New user
Netherlands
99 Posts

Profile of shawlie
Hello,

At the moment I can only manage "three's". My favorite thing right now is juggling different things. I'm working on two rings and a ball (basic things like tennis, showers, columns and it's variants). It's also fun getting the ball through the ring, of course!
Alessandro Scotti
View Profile
Loyal user
Italy
263 Posts

Profile of Alessandro Scotti
Mills Mess and The Box are going to be my favorites. Oh, and The Factory too.
I also like juggling three balls while holding a balance (I find it easier to juggle over the head if balancing on forehead, nose or chin).
As for clubs I cannot practice much indoor and my next goal is simply doubles with torches. Hey, those things are scary! Smile
Walk of Mind: the best source of bad magic
Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
As far as I know, almost every trick you can do with balls you can do with clubs, plus you can change the trick just by changing the # of spins. I learnt Mills. with clubs first, and I still like juggling balls better. Clubs are just show-y-er.
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
Stick Man
View Profile
Regular user
UK
178 Posts

Profile of Stick Man
The cherry picker is a three ball pattern where the left hand is throwing them up while the right hand is catching them in the air and then dropping them again. It looks like the balls are being picked from the air in a neat row.

If I find a site I will post it.

There's a club trick I reeeeeeaaaally want to do with my torches but I'm not sure if it will look as good as it sounds. It's a reverse cascade but they are thrown with horizontial spins instead of vertical.

You know this one Jewls?

One more thing, balancing tricks with torches. Is there any I can learn?