The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Catch this if you can! :: Mills Mess with balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
circus_freak17
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of circus_freak17
Is Mills Mess a half shower from left and right? People at our juggling told me that that is all it is, but a professional juggler looked at it and told me that I had to throw some ball to the outside! Any help would be appreciated.

thanks
Charles
Charles Watson
Dark illusionist
View Profile
Loyal user
pough town new york
253 Posts

Profile of Dark illusionist
OK, I'm at school right now, but when I get home I'll send you a link to a site that explains it nicely. It's more complicated than that, but once you get it, it will become quite easy and smooth and natural. Best of luck

Jonathan
Check out my brand new website:

www.ovationmagic.cjb.net

if you like it sign the guest book, if you realy like it then realy sign the guest book. If you hate it then go away.
Missing_Link
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of Missing_Link
http://www.jugglingdb.com has videos that you can view. There are plenty of mills mess things there.

ML
TroyRoark
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield IL
282 Posts

Profile of TroyRoark
The Mills Mess is not a half shower thrown from each side, it's false shower thrown from each side. A false shower is essentially throwing all balls from one side of your body, and catching them on the other side. While doing this, your hands do cross, and you're forced to throw every other thow over the top of the pattern, from the outside.

It's complicated to explain on paper. Definitely use the resources the other posters have suggested.
Missing_Link
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of Missing_Link
There is a decent written explanation in Beyond the Cascade by George Gilson. Once you get used to the notation, it's pretty straight forward.

Good tip is to learn the following moves first:

Juggle cross armed: right over left
Juggle cross armed: left over right
Windmill to right
Windmill to left
circus_freak17
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of circus_freak17
WOW!! Thanks for all the help! I just recently began to develop a good understanding for notation! I will check out the site that Missing Link suggested! It sounds like I will get it easily because I can do the windmill from both sides and cross are one way. Thanks!

Charles
Charles Watson
Stick Man
View Profile
Regular user
UK
178 Posts

Profile of Stick Man
Once you get it you know and it becomes as easy as the cascade