The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: All tied up! :: To escape artists: What's your favorite restraint? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Protagonist Alfonse
View Profile
New user
Singapore
13 Posts

Profile of Protagonist Alfonse
Personally, I like a regulation straitjacket, although I ain't a full-fledged magician yet.
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
My wife, when I want to stranggle the kids Smile

I like the Aussie Muff as well as several types of handcuffs, my #1 fav is the Bean Cobb.
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Bet you can guess from my nickname Smile

Duncan
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5447 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I have a couple of homemade “transport chain shackles” That I like to perform. However, my favorite ‘escape’ routine is, of course, the Thumb Tie done with black, plastic electric tape. Talk about packing small and playing big!

Other restraints that I personally like to watch someone escape from include, being wrapped in an entire roll of factory grade (extra strong and extra wide), clear, plastic food wrap (Saran wrap) where the entire body including head is mummified! That gives me chills just watching the wrapping process! And I like a good performer that can get a lot of mileage from a 50-foot rope/chain escape.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Beleive it or not, my favorite escape is my 50" rope tie. Not necessarily for the skill it requires, because for the most part, rope escapes are rather simple. I love the mileage I get out of getting a guy up onstage to tie me up. He has fun, I have fun, and the audience enjoys it! Smile

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Tony Chapparo
View Profile
Special user
Albuquerque, NM
704 Posts

Profile of Tony Chapparo
Handcuffs, although I usually use them in conjunction with another form of confinement. Smile
Tony Chapparo
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
My girlfriends a good restraint most nights. Smile
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I agree with Margarette on this one. I love the sight gags inherent with this rope tie. Of course, I can't use that double entendres that Margarette gets away with, but that's just the luck of the genetic draw.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Megatherion
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of Megatherion
Hi,

ROPES! Thumbtie, wrist tie and Spirit cabinet.

Yours faithfully

Smile Dan Kirsch Smile
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I love the siberian chain placement and being secure in a Mail bag, for a big play.

I can throw out all sorts of lines from the bag and get lots of laughs while folks cant even see the bag. Then they are amazed when I actually emerge, after giving them all the idea that I am "hopelessy trapped".

I was thinking of doing a stright jacket in the mail bag, but frankly don think it would be any better than it is. And I think that the stright jacket escape needs to be done in full full for maximum impact. (And besides I still havent bought a straight jacket...)

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.