The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: All tied up! :: New Tribute Site About The Late David De-Val (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Darkart
View Profile
New user
Glasgow
98 Posts

Profile of Darkart
Hi all.

Many of you here will have known about my project that I have been working on for over a year now, which is now complete. What started out as an idea has finally ended up a reality.

I love the internet and escapology, and in particular the late David De-val. I am a collector of his items and books. So seeing that there was nothing on line to show his great escapology achievement I decided to make a website about him and focus it around his Escapology career by way of a tribute site.

The idea its self started out bit by bit, Linking in with some of David’s family and contacting many other people who could help. Some of the information is on the net I have simply brought it all to one place for all to see. It took a lot of research and time to get it up and running. I have to thank everyone who helped me with it Inc the permissions and support.

The site is a tribute site, and non profit .I am not an expert on him or on escapology and I sadly never had the opportunity to meet David. The site does not disclose any secrets of his career, but simply show you in some detail about what he did. Some of the pictures have never been seen before or published. And many are exclusively on the site for the first time.

I hope you find it a worthy tribute to him and I would ask if any one now wishing to add any photos & film footage etc to please contact me. There is no other site about him out there and I think it’s a good place to start.

Site- http://www.davidde-val.com

Thanks
Andy
Impossible is just another level of difficulty
houdinisghost
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of houdinisghost
Thank you, Andy.
It's a wonderful tribute and most deserved.
I was fortunate enough to meet David. Great guy! He should not be forgotten. You're helping to assure that he won't be.
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Swansea UK
955 Posts

Profile of Riley
Nice work Andy. Well done.

Riley
Mick Hanzlik
View Profile
Special user
Mick Hanzlik
588 Posts

Profile of Mick Hanzlik
Looks great Andy!
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Great to see more people will know about David, I am sure he would be thrilled to see your site. Glad you were able to source the footage of the roller coaster escape, I still cannot find mine.
Darkart
View Profile
New user
Glasgow
98 Posts

Profile of Darkart
Thanks for the comments! & thanks to everyone who helped me with my many emails and questions.

Andy
Impossible is just another level of difficulty
Mick Hanzlik
View Profile
Special user
Mick Hanzlik
588 Posts

Profile of Mick Hanzlik
Ian, it's available on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E0jwmAEd08

I can't beleive it's 5 years since I put it there!

Mick
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Mick, thanks, I have many hours of video that I am sure will be lost to time. If only there was someone who could afford to copy them all and keep them for the future.

5 years since you put it up and many more when you featured in it. how young we all were back then.

I hate time.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
I have a VHS to DVD/ computer thing that I picked up for a few quid it works really well. I am slowly going through my tapes and converting them. The time consuming bit is deciding what to keep. But once it is digital it takes up no space so keep the lot. If you want I will send you the details. Dave