The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: All tied up! :: Finn Jon Thumb & Finger Penetration (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
869 Posts

Profile of jskalon
I don't know if this is the correct title (Finn Jon Thumb & Finger Penetration), but does anyone know which DVD it is on or if it is available as a separate effect?

Electrical tape is used to bind your thumb and 1st 2 fingers together. From there it looks like a typical thumb tie effect.
Thanks,
Jack
Jack Skalon

"That's my story and I'm stickin' to it"
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Believe it was covered in his booklet put out by Brookie many years ago,,,name escapes me, slim volume A4 size, covered thread work and coin manips mostly, must have been around the time Finn was working the Raymond Revue Bar in Soho.

Ken.
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Swansea UK
955 Posts

Profile of Riley
Ken is right, I have the booklet so I'll check it out and give you the title. If my memory serves me right, the routine used a TT.

Riley
jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
869 Posts

Profile of jskalon
Thanks guys.
Jack Skalon

dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Sounds like that may have been the inspiration behind chainbreaker (loasnder)
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Swansea UK
955 Posts

Profile of Riley
OK. Found the book. It's entitled "Magic of Finn Jon" and was published 1984 by Georges Proust of Paris. Finn calls the routine "The New Thumb Tie" and it's on page 35.

I was mistaken about the TT. None is used in this routine, but the tape used is "masking" tape (as used when painting window frames) and not electrical/insulation tape.

Nice book. Not sure if it's still in print.

Riley
jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
869 Posts

Profile of jskalon
Thanks Riley. I'll see if I can hunt one down. That thumb tie looks interesting. AND you can practice it without needing someone to tie your thumbs together!
Jack Skalon