The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: All tied up! :: NBA Halftime Show Oklahoma City Tomorrow night (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Hey gang...if you are in or near Oklahoma City tomorrow night, January 16th, come on out to the Thunder game against the Detroit Pistons.

We are the Halftime show, with Kristen performing her Full View Water Torture Cell. Also keep an eye on ESPN. Last NBA halftime show we did, Kristen ended up on Sportscenter.

Hoping the water is warm in Oklahoma
Kevin & Kristen
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Sportcenter

is that like center fold?

ANy how - enjoy your show.

Dave
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9500 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Isn't the touring life, great?
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
There seems to have been a problem last night. Scroll down on the linked page to read the story.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2009/01/1......oday.php
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
MichalAngelo
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of MichalAngelo
See what I mean? They title it, "Magic...Sort of". As I mentioned in another thread, the media is tough on us. It would have bbeen just as easy to take the high road and say a dangerous stunt was attempted...or something...I mean, this sort of thing adds realism to the show because everyone thinks it always gets pulled off without problems because, after all, it's just a "trick". I hate the media. Ugh.
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
OHHH.... I hope all things are fine!

Kevin this can be a great spin... HIT the talk shows up NOW! GOOD the FOOTAGE.... Smile Phone me and I can share some good PR spins on this for you two!.... Smile
Doc Allgood
View Profile
Regular user
Houston, TX
156 Posts

Profile of Doc Allgood
I'm sure that the water wasn't warm. I was just in OKC the weekend before. Sorry I missed you guys.

Please let us know that everything is OK.
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Quote:
On 2009-01-17 16:39, MichalAngelo wrote:
See what I mean? They title it, "Magic...Sort of". As I mentioned in another thread, the media is tough on us. It would have bbeen just as easy to take the high road and say a dangerous stunt was attempted...or something...I mean, this sort of thing adds realism to the show because everyone thinks it always gets pulled off without problems because, after all, it's just a "trick". I hate the media. Ugh.

First problem they should not sell this as magic trick but a STUNT! Smile
But, they can put a great spin on this.... dare devil almost drowns after performing the stunt over xxx times...
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
What ever they do with it, lets just hope that Kristen is OK. Best wishes and prayers.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Kristen is alright. She suffered a hypoxic seizure (shallow water blackout).

After I got the lid unlocked and removed...I jumped on top, and got her head above water. At that point she started breathing again on her own. She then had enough composure to get herself the rest of the way out.

She had not been feeling well earlier in the day. That along with low blood sugar is most likely what brought the blackout on. We were able to see footage of it already.

Curtis...thanks for your offer on tips. I'll touch base with you later. For the record the act is NEVER sold or described as a magic trick...that is the media's take on it. Not much one can do about that.

Thanks for the thoughts, prayers and emails. We are in Dallas now relaxing for a few days, then head down to Beaumont for shows.
Kevin & Kristen
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9500 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
I'm glad she is OK and you didn't have a heart attack getting her out . The public never assumes there is real danger in these escapes. They think of these as entertainment.
Alikzam
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of Alikzam
Glad to hear Kristen is doing fine now.

Here's is the footage of the escape gone wrong - http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?......2&ref=nf

iTricks article here - http://itricks.com/news/?p=6414
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Great Scott! That scared the heck out of me. Even knowing what was coming, my hat is off to you Kevin for keeping a cool head, and getting her out in about 8 seconds. Glad you are both doing well.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
harry knight
View Profile
Loyal user
207 Posts

Profile of harry knight
Can't seem to view the footage anymore?

Harry
The Great Danton
View Profile
Elite user
Westfield, North Carolina, USA
449 Posts

Profile of The Great Danton
Go to the itricks article, and there is a link to a youtube video.

Really glad she's okay!
"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house."
harry knight
View Profile
Loyal user
207 Posts

Profile of harry knight
Quote:
On 2009-01-23 11:18, The Great Danton wrote:
Go to the itricks article, and there is a link to a youtube video.

Really glad she's okay!

Thanks.

Kristen, I'm glad your ok. Kevin, great job for getting Kristen out so quickly.

Harry
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
KEVIN... Wow what an awful moment for you two... You handled it well. I wish you the best on your future stunts.

I do have a question when watching the video... Why do you have to undo the locks? No quick release in place?
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9500 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Curtis,

Did you look at the footage carefully?
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
Here is the link to the youtube video I posted on iTricks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coqjiAwVKSI
-Matt
Apache
View Profile
New user
Finland
77 Posts

Profile of Apache
Hi Kevin & Kristen

Truly scary looking moment. Reminder that there is always unknown factor. Huh. Glad to hear that Kristen is alright. Best wishes for both.

-Jari-