The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: All tied up! :: Discovery Channel escape show One-way out (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
How is it different?

Jonathan is interesting. Criss is dull.

You make your own priorities.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Ms. Morgan
View Profile
Veteran user
The Garden State
399 Posts

Profile of Ms. Morgan
Harley makes a point. Jonathan is very interesting, he makes you want to watch. I'd watch him read the phone book.
Anyway, I think he's going to prove to be good for all of us, Escape Artist. When 1 looks good on TV we all look good.

Thanks Jonathan!

Morgan
World Magic Award's "Escape Artist of the Year"
www.EscapeChick.com
www.illusionbiz.com
www.WackyDracky.com
Tony Miller
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Tony Miller
Jonathan doesn't present himself as a magician doing an escape act. When a "magician" escapes it can be anything from an actual escape to a dressed up vanish and production.

With Jonathan there is no puff of smoke and sudden production in an impossible location.

And if you don't want to give up RAW you can see full episodes at http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/one-way-out/index.html
__
"If you want magic in your life, start thinking like a magician." - Scott Grossberg
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
I'd watch him read the phone book.

Morgan

OK we get it you like him ....... I’m NOT jealous! - BUT I do want to warn you Morgan, Just like Mick said his stunts don’t always turn out ........

So there is no guarantee he would be able to read the phone book to you!

I'm sure you could figure something out if he failed though Smile
London
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A.
769 Posts

Profile of London
I really enjoyed the two episodes I watched. I think one thing that really makes the show good is that he is real. Not putting on an over the top personality or alter ego. He is genuinely himself and that makes people like him and like watching him. I like the laid back feel of it. It also has its funny moments like when his friend starting smacking him in the face while he had the scorpion in his mouth. You can tell they are just being themselves and probably goof off like that even when the camera is off. Good show. Good for the public and good for other performers. He gives it a good name. Sorry if it sounded like I was kissing *** or brown nosing . I was just happy to finally see a good show on t.v.
THOUGHTfully,

LONDON
james_unlimited
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
223 Posts

Profile of james_unlimited
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Same link as above and the video is STILL not available in the UK. Thanks for trying though.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Although for some reason we can see clips - so I can say the bath tub of doom was good.
Tony Miller
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Tony Miller
Sadly Discovery has some sort of proxy/ip detection going to prevent viewing from the UK (at least, maybe everywhere outside North America) of the full episodes.
__
"If you want magic in your life, start thinking like a magician." - Scott Grossberg
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
I figgured it was that but didn't want to look to intelegent / or geeky (i have not looking inteligent down to a fine fart!).

There must be some way of looking at that web page through a remote window that is on an other IP inside northa america or soemthing - I'm sure James bond and Jason Bourne would be able to do it.
Tony Miller
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Tony Miller
The two latest episodes have been added to Discovery's website. Has anybody checked them to see if they can viewed from the UK? Who knows, maybe they forgot to tag the new videos for blockage.

I understand why Discovery has the block up. If people in the UK could see it online now it would reduce the chance of them tuning in if/when Discovery UK broadcasts the show later this year.

There is a clip, the full escape, of the Long Way Down episode here: http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/one-way-......ind.html
Will that one play in the UK? I'm thinking it might because it isn't the full episode.
__
Tony Miller
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Tony Miller
I don't have a way to test this but perhaps somebody outside of the US can.

http://www.ghacks.net/2006/05/01/howto-w......the-usa/

Will the steps there allow people to view the videos?
__