The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Right or Wrong? :: Editorial in new Vanish issue on bra trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of rklew64
If this is true, then a single "magician" essentially damaged the bra trick for anyone else that performs it. Who was the idiot that would make the choice to perform it on a pre-teen girl let alone a 7 year old. What an absolute dumb ****.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21286 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Times have changed and caught up with this effect. It is doubtful in the age of the "me too" movement that this effect was long for the world. And let's be honest about it. This is probably for the best.

All that you said was correct and I completely agree. But the effect was on the way out for a while with better perceptions and evolved ways of acting.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Quote:
On Jun 29, 2018, Dannydoyle wrote:
Times have changed and caught up with this effect. It is doubtful in the age of the "me too" movement that this effect was long for the world. And let's be honest about it. This is probably for the best.

All that you said was correct and I completely agree. But the effect was on the way out for a while with better perceptions and evolved ways of acting.

Quite agree. Unless you're performing in a bar, and even then only when "spirits are high", this thing should be let out to pasture.
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3701 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Or performed using a male spectator's coat pocket...
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2018, Pop Haydn wrote:
Or performed using a male spectator's coat pocket...

Nice! (Until his wife/girlfriend realizes it's not hers!)
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3701 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
I used to do it on the ships, bringing up a man. If he was good, and I enjoyed working with them, the silks would go in his side coat pocket. If I didn't like them, I would put the silks in his shirt collar front.
MagicalEducator
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of MagicalEducator
Quote:
On Jun 29, 2018, rklew64 wrote:
If this is true, then a single "magician" essentially damaged the bra trick for anyone else that performs it. Who was the idiot that would make the choice to perform it on a pre-teen girl let alone a 7 year old. What an absolute dumb ****.

rklew64...the story is exactly as it reads in Vanish Magazine. Both Paul Romhany and I wrote about it in this month's edition. You can find my thoughts in my monthly column Magic is Education. The same performer also used the girl to perform Rope through Neck...on the girl's neck! FYI...the performance occurred at a Children's Magician of the Year competition and was a public show.

There are many in the magic community who agree with your assessment of this performer. On a more positive note I'm led to understand that the local club is taking steps to deal with the performer. Let's hope that they're able to resolve the problem successfully.

jeff
Voted "Canada's Most Inspirational Magician"
www.MagicalEducator.com

Check out my column "Magic is Education" in Vanish Magazine