The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Right or Wrong? :: Copyright Question :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
jclark
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of jclark
LOL. I think you've already made my case for me Truthteller. It isn't personal at all; I just think it is joke. It is a fantasy. You only respect the ideas of "magicians" and nobody else. It benefits your idealism in magic, but not reality in the rest of your life. I'm done here. There isn't anything more "special" about a magic idea than there is a product idea in another field where that person spent countless hours, money, and effort to suceed. But to you, hey, that's cool... if his ideas are "stolen" as you call it, then that's all good. But if MAGIC is, oh my gosh... the world has come to an end. Because THAT isn't ethicial. And this "dealer" here... well, people like us are the reason you have some of the magic you buy. LOL. But, actually, I am an inventor and producer... not so much a dealer. ha ha.

Best to you. I'll not go on anymore.

JC
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27308 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2007-02-08 21:34, C. Loubard wrote:...that are secret and I will never reveal how they are done, except perhaps to a select few. ...

IMHO your right to make that selection is well worth fighting for.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
C. Loubard
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of C. Loubard
Jonathan, no need to fight. I won't share anything unless I have something to gain in return.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21287 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
JC your passive agressive style of writing really does not do you justice.

You brag of your GPA and your income. BUT sarcasam is a tool of a weak mind some have said.

You try to belittle people with cutsy phrases, brag of supposed success, all to make yourself seem some giant on the internet. While all of it does nothing to further the discussion. You speak of hypocracy, well none of us have to look too much further than the first available reflective surface. (Notice I said none of us which includes me).
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
C. Loubard
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of C. Loubard
Jonathan, I received your pm and want to publicly thank you for clarifying your post. I misunderstood your angle in the original post.

I know you and I see eye to eye on this topic.

C. Loubard
jclark
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of jclark
CL: that is impressive; good show mate. JC
C. Loubard
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of C. Loubard
Thank you JC.

I have no problem admitting I was wrong and even apologizing. You, for instance, brought to my attention the post to Jack Scratch and I admitted I was wrong and apologized to JS.

Thanks, however, for acknowledging it

C. Loubard
jclark
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of jclark
I caught that before with JS, just hadn't come off my soap box at that moment long enough to give ya a pat; sorry for the delay. Smile
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
I blinked and everyone is getting along! That must be magic. Seriously thank you everyone for your comments and opinions with regard to this issue. I really appreciate it, and I especially appreciate having such different opinions thrown at me. It was a lot more helpful than I expected when I started this thread.
jclark
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of jclark
I think there is ONE thing we, who have posted, can all agree on Brian: my guess is that all of us here wish you and the kids you are teaching well.

Beyond that, no promises we can agree on anything. ;-) cya. JC