The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Right or Wrong? :: Worst customer service award (51 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2503 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
David Regal. Doesn't reply to his emails.Not even about products just purchased from him. And I'm not the only one. No excuse for this, period. He's lost me as a customer. Hopefully his disregard for customers will continue to lose him business. or better, yet, he can maybe try treating his customers a bit better than he does currently and keep customers instead.
Keng
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Keng
I ordered "Whodunit?" from Dave Forrest. I received four different emails acknowledging the order and/or payment received. I was sent a downloadable instructional video, but have not received the cards for the effect. I have emailed to daveforrest.com, his gmail account and to Full52 attaching all of the emails related to the order that I have received, but have not heard word one from him. Any other suggestions or do I just contact PayPal to get a refund for undelivered merchandise?
BostonBlackie
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
111 Posts

Profile of BostonBlackie
Dave Forrest ripped off 203 backers for £19,703 in his Kickstarter for Cubism.
It wasn't the brightest thing I've ever done in my life. Sadly though, it was far from the dumbest.
-- Zachary Nixon Johnson
mantel
View Profile
Special user
927 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2018, BostonBlackie wrote:
Dave Forrest ripped off 203 backers for £19,703 in his Kickstarter for Cubism.

Care to explain how?
Mariano
View Profile
New user
Ibiza, Spain.
5 Posts

Profile of Mariano
Hi everybody,

I ordered a pad from JM Authentics almost one year ago (July 18th 2017, The Thistle Close Up Pad/Mat 24x17" Navigator) and I never received it. I wrote to JM Authentics after 5 weeks of ordering it, asking when I was supposed to receive it. Jordan Murphy replied "Our standard lead time is 2-4 weeks". After 2 months I wrote again and Jordan replied saying he could rebuild the order. I said yes, do that please. 2 months later I sent over a dozen emails to Jordan Murphy from JM Authentics, he never replied...

I hope people out there are able to read my case because, quite frankly, not only I am very disappointed, but I have also find out that I am not alone with this. Dozens of other people have been conned by this guy/company, by paying for something they never got. I hope everyone here realizes this is stealing, fraud, it's a criminal activity, as simple as that. And I also hope this post serves as well for everybody to have knowledge that you must not buy anything from JM Authentics nor Jordan Murphy by any mean. He will simply keep your money and forget about you.

I am really amazed that people like this are still able to keep on doing it and getting out with it. Someone needs to do something about it, seriously.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
You hear from time to time about people who communicate well before the sale, then go radio silent after the sale. I avoid those like the plague. Some come through, of course, but I dislike doing business with those who do that.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
RC4MAG
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of RC4MAG
I must add Boardwalk Magic in Santa Cruz, Calif. to this list. They took and confirmed my order....and that is it. Over a month and follow up emails and phone calls to their voicemail go unanswered.
453rob
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of 453rob
Dealing with Magic and Such has been a frustrating experience. I recently, about three weeks ago, ordered about $100 worth of tricks and have not received any communication from them after three phone calls and two emails. Not impressed. I still have no idea if my order is actually on its way.The money has been taken out of my credit card account. Has anyone dealt with them? What are your experiences?
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
I feel that by sticking to the major companies like Penguin, Vanishing, and Hocus Pocus there's a better chance of having a good experience. Not that any of them are perfect, but it seems like they are at least more accountable to customers and care about their reputations for the long term.
supremefiction
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Profile of supremefiction
Blue Crown, totally incompetent and non-responsive. Also recently scr*wed on an item from Hocus Pocus, arrived Used instead of New as described. They basically told me to go take a walk. Very positive on Penguin and Vanishing Inc.
supremefiction
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Profile of supremefiction
I went back and looked at my emails. M J M and the magic gadget site were very accommodating. Shawn from mimesis-magic.com has been outstandingly excellent with service and has some terrific, unique items to boot.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I saved hundreds of dollars just in an order I was placing at Fakini's, decided to look around and posts similar to this told me they weren't selling, but still taking money.

So I went to Sterlini's and am happy as I can be.

Threads like these are invaluable to customers who are wise enough to look at outside reviews.

I've purchased from many places and can give quite a few recommendations, but thankfully very few critisisms.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Adam Meier
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Adam Meier
I think Mark Elsdon should be on this list. Six years of waiting on a pre-paid book...
453rob
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of 453rob
Full 52 has never replied to any inquiries that I had about one of their products. I am also disappointed with Big Blind Media, even though I really like Liam Montier and Francis Cameron.
I live in Canada and have ordered many times from UK dealers such as Alakazam and Saturn Magic. These dealers don't charge VAT for customers outside the EU.
Big Blind Media gave me a cryptic reply to my question if they would charge VAT. I quote :"What was it you were looking to purchase? Many of our items are already priced with no VAT! (We have country specific pricing for a large number for products)."
I call BS on the "country specific pricing" and the "many items are already priced with no VAT"
Why not exclude VAT at checkout time or post Vat exclusion like Saturn does? I will buy BBM products through Saturn or Alakazam befor I order directly from BBM.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2503 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2018, tony4938 wrote:
Second vote for Full52, first and last time I'll order from him, worst customer service I've experienced in any industry.

Another vote for Full52 and Dave Forrest.
You order stuff from him, he doesn't deliver, if you're lucky he may reply to email an promise to follow up, but nothing happens.
Terrible customer service. especially when you pay them for something and you never get it.
I recommend staying far away from Full52.com
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2503 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
OK, so I did finally receive my order from Full52, but only AFTER I opened a PayPal dispute...lesson learned to never order from Full52 EVER again.
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
760 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
Thanks for the tip!
debjit
View Profile
Loyal user
India
213 Posts

Profile of debjit
Magictao for sure. Thankfully I buy only from Penguin now.
jonxodus
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
320 Posts

Profile of jonxodus
I have pre-ordered Madisonist decks from end of January, spent around 300 quid in his store and have yet to receive a single product. Emailed him many times and have yet to get a reply. Would really appreciate it if someone who has contact with Daniel Madison to help me out with this. My paypal claim period has ended and it was only because I believed he was going through a tough time with some form of addiction. Apart from that, would advice you guys to stay away from him
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
I'm jumping on the FULL 52 bandwagon, if there's room!

Ordered and paid for an item many weeks ago and nothing. Several emails to Dave Forrest have gone unanswered. The last one will go to him today stating that if the product, or communication from him is not received in one week, I will open a PayPal dispute.