The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The little darlings :: Routine for Screen Addiction (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
lippy
View Profile
New user
Madrid, Spain
58 Posts

Profile of lippy
Been thinking about a routine to add to my character show to teach the perils of Screen Addiction.

Ideas like 'Air-head Rudy', 'Multiplying Dots' and a redecorated 'Pizza Box' come to mind.

But I'm looking for something more for older kids (10-12 year olds).

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks in advance
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
lippy
View Profile
New user
Madrid, Spain
58 Posts

Profile of lippy
Thanks for that mumblemoe, I saw that but I'm looking for something more geared to 103-12 year olds.

Thanks again for the suggestion
Daniel Ulzen
View Profile
Special user
Berlin/Germany
506 Posts

Profile of Daniel Ulzen
The two booklets below deal with magic tricks for children on the subject of drug addiction, perhaps you can find inspiration in them. Good luck anyway!

Stan Davis: Using Magic to Prevent Drug Abuse

Christopher A. Manos: Using Magic in Drug and Alcohol Prevention Presentations
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1183 Posts

Profile of Russo
103 year olds ??
lippy
View Profile
New user
Madrid, Spain
58 Posts

Profile of lippy
Thanks Daniel, I have got both those books and have studied them thoroughly, there's some good ideas in there about drug and alcohol routines, they were written long before mobiles, Nintendo and even TV became mainstream.

Which magic props look like a screen? TV card frame comes to mind. Ipain - shoving pencils through an envelope with an iPad inside it.

Any other magic props visually resemble a screen?
Daniel Ulzen
View Profile
Special user
Berlin/Germany
506 Posts

Profile of Daniel Ulzen
If you haven't already done so, perhaps enter the search terms handy, cell phone, TV, screen, ... in 20 large magic web stores.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7568 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
(You mentioned "Air Head Rudy" above, but I thought I'd provide a link for those performers who aren't aware of the prop.)

Steve Taylor has a trick called "Air Head Rudy", which is about watching too much TV. It's been around for a quite a while, so I would check with him before ordering it from his website, to make sure he still has some in stock.

http://stevetaylorpro.magix.net/products......agic.htm

And Dan Wolfe (Smoky Mountain Magic) once made a trick called "The Gamer Kid", which is about playing too much video games. Again, a variation of Forgetful Freddie. It's no longer listed on his website (the link was dead when I clicked it), but if you look at the Smoky Mountain Magic Facebook Page, and do a search for "Gamer", you'll find a demo video of the prop, from January 2013. Almost 11 years ago. So, perhaps you can track down a used one, or ask if he's going to make them again. This link should take you to the demo video (note - the sound only seemed to work once I was logged into Facebook, but otherwise it said the video had no sound).

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=4220529072601

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
lippy
View Profile
New user
Madrid, Spain
58 Posts

Profile of lippy
Donald, you're always so helpful with links and ideas, thanks for that, you're a real asset to the members of the Magic Cafe.