The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The little darlings :: Arthur and Leslie Stead are Back! (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
SkipWay
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of SkipWay
Great news for my entertainment friends! Arthur Stead has reached out and is once again producing his incredible royalty-free music for performers! Most of you know that Arthur and his pup Rockafella, were the pedestrian victims of a heinous hit-&-run three years ago. The incident nearly killed him and left him bedridden. He's still not walking without assistance, but he has regained access to his studio and is once again producing his and Leslie's music! I am beyond happy to see him back after such a long and painful absence.

Arthur co-wrote "The Goonies R Good Enough" - Theme song for the film The Goonies - with Cyndi Lauper and Steve Lunt. He has played with and composed music for the Mamas & the Papas, Peter Frampton, Shania Twain, Eric Stuart, Cyndi Lauper, Brenda Starr, Kiss, Godspell and others.

He has just released a new album CD and MP3 download titled "Make it Latin" featuring 18 royalty-free songs with a cheerful Latin beat. His earlier albums (Make it Magic, Classic Rock, Classical, Cutting Edge, Performance, Fun-Tastic, Stage, Showtime!, Make it Spooky, Make it Christmas, Make it Gospel, Country Jamboree) and his music-backed routine scripts are also available once more. Please check it out! www.ArthurStead.com
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10619 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
What has he done for Shania and Kiss?
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1778 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Skip, thank you so much for the compliments. Glad to be back in my studio making music again after a long and painful recovery.

Mindpro: As a favor to producer Mutt Lange, I did some pre-recording arrangements (uncredited) for Shania’s “The Woman In Me” album. Then played keyboards and wrote string arrangements on her “Come On Over” album (the biggest-selling studio album off all time by a female artist. Also the best-selling country album in the US). After that I did the pre-production arrangements for her “Up!” album. I did receive liner credit for “Come On Over” and “Up!”

As regards KISS, I didn’t do any work with or for them. But I co-founded Frehley’s Comet with KISS guitarist Ace Frehley and bassist John Regan. Wrote a few songs with Ace which we recorded after hiring Anton Figg on drums and Richie Scarlett on 2nd guitar. We did some showcases and a few east coast dates. But I quit the band before they got a record deal because at that time my own songwriting career was taking off, plus I was becoming quite in-demand as a composer/arranger and studio musician in NYC and LA.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10619 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
So great to hear as I am a fan of both and now more of your work. Thanks, glad you're back and feeling better.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3170 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
I have always loved and highly recommended Arthur’s work. A true artist and a great guy.

Arthur, it’s good to hear you’re doing better. Wishing you all the best. Hang in there my friend.

Tom
SkipWay
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of SkipWay
Arthur and Leslie are busy, busy, busy! A quick update as they've just released another great addition to our music libraries with Make It Magic - Shades of Blue! The album includes some great Blues tracks that will fit beautifully with several of my routines. I may even pull one off the shelf for "Shell Game". Listen to samples at www.arthurstead.com.

So glad to have you both back, Arthur!