The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The little darlings :: Jarrett Shoe Machine Portable or Not? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1694 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Hi,

I did ask SM a week or so ago - but I think they are really busy... so if any of you have got/used the JSM can you answer me this?

I will be doing this in a full show. So have the props, sound, sets, lights, etc - in the car.

Because there will be multiple shows - it would be nice to have it assembled - but I don't suppose it would fit into a medium sized [UK medium] car - with all the other gear.

It says on the website you can dismantle the JSM and it will fit into the lost and found box. That sounds great... but how long will that take? We have limited set up and pack away time. If it's simple and takes a few minutes - and then it packs into a box - that is awesome. But does it?

Any advice or experiences of travelling with it would be most helpful.

Finally - handling. I'm guessing it's pretty simple to work? Any warnings or stories from the trenches???

It's just a big purchase - and currently with SM somewhat busy - I know they have a million things on. I just wanted to get an idea from users.

Thanks for any help.

x
Dr. O
View Profile
Veteran user
NC
395 Posts

Profile of Dr. O
I purchased my JSM from a member here in the Cafe. I have yet to travel with it but can shed some light on your questions.
The only thing that breaks down is the table. Four bolts secure the top and the same for the base. Might take you a few minutes to
assemble. The shoe machine doesn't fold or break down. If you have room to carry the table assembled that would be preferred for rapid set up.
The table assembly isn't heavy.
I have not put my JSM into service yet but do not anticipate any difficulties in performance.
Best of luck to you!