The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The little darlings :: The Reincarnation of Supreme? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1668 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
I was a huge fan of Supreme magic run by Edwin Hooper. It seems to me that it has taken on a new life. Does anyone know anything about this company?

http://www.magicsupreme.co.uk/company.htm

JR
writer25
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of writer25
Oh,I know exactly who they are. They purchased all the Supreme stock years and years and years ago and stuck it in their basement or their warehouse or some such place. They intended to start a new magic dealer business with it but got bored with the idea. They were officially still selling it but they were very lukewarm about doing so. I wanted various Supreme stuff and phoned them. The guy said "Oh I have that somewhere and I will call you if I ever find it" Of course that was the last I ever heard from him. He told me quite frankly that he had another business that made him much more money and the magic dealer business was not a priority but one day he might do something about it. Perhaps that one day has arrived. If it has I will be delighted to hear it. I might be able to buy the props I want before I drop dead. Not that I do kid shows of course. I merely want to gaze at them because I like colourful things.
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1668 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Interesting! I have never heard of this company before. JR
stuartmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Derby England (UK)
240 Posts

Profile of stuartmagic
Writer25 beat me to it. Just to add a bit more that whilst they did get hold of a large amount of the stock they have done nothing with it and it is being stored away, maybe waiting for it to go up in price - who knows ?

Sadly a lot of the original makers of the props are either no longer with us or would not be in a position to make them anymore so whatever stock there is, is just that, stock, and once gone it will be gone forever.

Although the website initially looks fine there is nothing there and just like the stock it has been the same for years just with the odd minor alteration. If you go here: http://www.who.is and type in the website http://www.magicsupreme.co.uk you will see when it was last updated ( a very useful website for this ). It was last updated 0n 19th December 2012 - not very encouraging at all !!!

Stuart.
writer25
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of writer25
I would be nervous to order from them until I hear of customers who have had efficient service with merchandise arriving swiftly. There have been far too many people selling magic and not delivering the goods for my liking. I don't think this is the case here but my caution stems from the unenthusiastic service I got years ago. I got the impression the business was too much hassle for them and they couldn't be bothered. Perhaps they are taking it more seriously this time and if so it will be a godsend.

I actually swear that the standard of children's entertainers in the UK went down the drain when Supreme went out of business. I could be imagining it but it seems that way.
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Retracted post
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1668 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
I don't know what Chance said, as I see he has retracted his post. I would be interested to hear his take on this company. Supreme was indeed an amazing company, and what is interesting is that apart from attending conventions, they were a mail order company and it was all before the days of the internet. I still have a huge collection of original Supreme props, and still use some of them in my shows from time to time. JR