The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The little darlings :: Magic Wands Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
ade
View Profile
New user
Singapore
85 Posts

Profile of ade
Hello, I faintly recall reading about a magic wand or more accurately a magic wands routine, where the whole routine was based on lots and lots of magic wands. I tried searching via google but could not find it. As far I could remember there was a wand factory or something along those lines... Any kind soul who would be able to point me to the right direction?

I have a fascination with wands (i like them a lot) regardless of them being just 'normal' wands, or gag wands, so I thought I could do something with wands..

Thank in advance!
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Not sure if this contains the routine you remember, but Hank Lee is among those who offer the Wand Factory.
http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/product.php?productid=8786
TedLashley
View Profile
Regular user
El Campo, TX
197 Posts

Profile of TedLashley
I believe what you're thinking about is "The Magic Wand Machine" from Practical Magic in England. The magician attempts to create a standard magic wand from a square stick of wood, with hilarious results (7 changes). Here's the link to the product description: http://www.practical-magic.com/index.php......temid=26

...and here is the link to a demo video: http://www.practical-magic.com/index.php......temid=33

In the US, Hank Lee carries the same item under the name of "Magic Wand Factory." Here's the link: http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/product.php......0&page=1

For those who may not know what this item looks like, here's a stock photo showing the "machine" and the various components:

TED

Click here to view attached image.
TedLashley
View Profile
Regular user
El Campo, TX
197 Posts

Profile of TedLashley
Ha!

I was working on my post while Steve was posting his own reply. Smile

TED
halestorm
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
64 Posts

Profile of halestorm
Maybe this isn't what you're referring to, but there are the "nesting magic wands"

http://www.google.com/search?aq=f&source......ic+wands

I like (and use) the black ones, E.G., ...
http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/nesting-wa......747.html
but there are several other options available.
David Hale
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Jef eaton has just released the "Wand-O-Matic".
http://www.kandumagic.com/PDFs/Wand-o-Ma......rade.pdf
If that link takes a while, try this one:
http://www.kandumagic.com/products.htm
This looks like a really nice take on the "Wand Machine", and all Jef's products are top-notch.
Potty Smile
Jef Eaton
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of Jef Eaton
Hey Doug,
Thanks for the nice comments.
Yes we just re-released the Wand-o-Matic Industrial Grade that is made out of wood with really heavy duty metal parts (built like a tank...had a cabinet shop make this run).
We went more with a machine theme on the graphics with metal looking lettering.
They are available from hocus-pocus.com.
It has some great funny action to it as the wand cranks up out of the machine, it then peeks out, gets small (reminds me of Steve Martin way back then) goes flat, gets jumbo and finally shoots out of the box fully charged and ready to work.
We only made 10 this run and hocus-pocus.com has them all. No more will be made until after I return from the summer fair tour.
Thanks again for the continued support and comments.
Regards,
Jef
kandumagic.com
<BR>jjeaton@aol.com
<BR>Creator of what my Mom thinks are the funniest kid show props around!
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Just an aside Jef - your PDF page has some awful spelling gaffes! You might want to amend them....
;)
Jef Eaton
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of Jef Eaton
I will check that out...and my daughter's a professor at a college...good grief!
kandumagic.com
<BR>jjeaton@aol.com
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Grammar too, I'm sorry to say, Jef!
;)
Jef Eaton
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of Jef Eaton
Somewhere in changing the original copy to the one listed, I messed up on tenses, etc.
I am having my web guy change it at his earliest convenience.
Sorry!
kandumagic.com
<BR>jjeaton@aol.com
LVMagicAL
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of LVMagicAL
Mark me as loving the Wand-O-Matic! I had the Practical Magic Magic Wand Machine/Factory but sold it promptly after seeing Jef Eaton's Wand-O-Matic. WOM is lighter in weight, smaller, but still plays BIG, easier to transport and has more variety available to develop a broader routine/story line (in my opinion). I LOVE wand bits too! Oh....I don't know if it's currently in stock/available, but Jef at Kandu Magic also offers the "Do It Yourself Magic Wand Kit" which is a fantastic wand routine. Info here: http://www.kandumagic.com/PDFs/Do-It-You......-Kit.pdf Not quite as elaborate/extensive as the Wand-O-Matic, but still a GREAT wand routine.
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2140 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
So Ade....any of this hitting the mark so far?

I checked out the 'wand machine'....boo-hiss! I TRIED to see a demo of wand-o-matic, but it kept going to some user-licence link, then freezing??

If what youre looking for is mabye a ROUTINE using several different types of wands, I do that in my act, and you can PM me for details. But be forewarned: you'll need...

a 3" wand
appearing 8-foot wand
inflatable wands
breakaway wand
rainbow-nesting wands
measel-teasle wand
popsy-topsy wand
a large fake sausage (or a real one if you like!)
a full-size metal slinky
a rubber chicken
a polka-dot changing silk
a quick-change shirt apparatus (I use 'dress-code' by Calen Morelli)

.....hmmmmmm...(Looking at all of the above).....you know Ade...mabye you should just get the wand-o-matic!
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
ade
View Profile
New user
Singapore
85 Posts

Profile of ade
Oh wow. Thanks for all the great info! I believe wand factory must have been the first one that I read a long time ago (when I was still lurking around in the forums). Jef's Wand-o-matic looks interesting too, though I think it is probably not what I want to use now. My idea is to use lots of different gag wands, but interwoven with magical happenings when the wands are being brought out.

@ The Mighty Fool:

I have the following from your list!

inflatable wands
breakaway wand
peppermint-nesting wands
measel-teasle wand
popsy-topsy wand
spring wand
a rubber chicken

... and Silly wands, and one or two which the names slip my mind... Will PM you! Smile

PS. I don't have any quick change shirt apparatus though... do these work for ladies?
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
ade
View Profile
New user
Singapore
85 Posts

Profile of ade
Oh that was one which escaped my recollection! The Flipsy Tipsy Wand! I felt I could not get as much mileage from it as Popsy Topsy Wand though, and hence never got around to using it much. Groan wand is new to me!
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
While on Mackinac Island, I stopped in to a little magic shop to chat with the owner. He showed me a cool little appearing wand, that I promptly bought. It was an inexpensive little guy, and not made for pros...but hey...if I get a little mileage out of it, what the heck.

It works on the same principle as the 8' appearing wand, only it is 18" long.

And the best part...it was only $5!

Now I know that since it is being sold in tourist-y magic shops and is made by Scholastic, these will be everywhere...but I figured I can use it in my stage show and find a good wholesale source and sell then BOR...nothing like being able to buy opne of the effects you JUST saw the magician do!

...and since it is being made and sold by Scholastic (which sells to elementary schools) it's not a big deal to sell to kids after a show.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Ade,

I agree I've used the Popsy wand a lot more often as it's bigger and can be seen better on stage. I've gimmicked mine with a 36" (90cm) ribbon so the tops stay attached to each other and don't roll under furniture in to the orchestra pits etc.
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
ade
View Profile
New user
Singapore
85 Posts

Profile of ade
I stick mine on a white rope too! Occasionally the glue comes off after a long time and the wand end goes shooting across the party venue under some big couch still though. On occasions like these, I end the party with treasure hunt... For the wand end!
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Also have a look at Derek Rutt's snake wands made in Thailand