The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The little darlings :: Mini 57 idea (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8815 Posts

Profile of harris
My nearly normal wife went to a conference this weekend. One night she decided to order room service. We laughed about what she payed for a hamburger, fries and coke.

Next she took out a mini ketchup bottle out of her case.

Of course my brain thought this might be a possible prop.

Tag line or finale for a coin routine, instead of a jumbo coin.

Though I don't have one, I have on my thinking list a Nielsen vanishing ketchup bottle...sort of a mini me transformation.

Any other suggestions on what to do with this minature?

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Harris, I don't think you should be discussing what you and the Missus get up to in hotel rooms.

It's a little saucy.
slydini
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of slydini
Quote:
On 2010-11-09 08:13, magicgeorge wrote:
Harris, I don't think you should be discussing what you and the Missus get up to in hotel rooms.

It's a little saucy.

No,it's the Ketchup that's saucy. Smile
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8815 Posts

Profile of harris
I hope to Ketch up with some useable ideas soon.

Perhaps to make it "saucy", I could change it into a mini tabasco bottle.

Harris
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
We call it tomato sauce, here, too. So perhaps if you want to use that joke with the ketchup you could employ Slydini to explain it to people after you say it. He's very good at that (see above).

I kind of like mini versions of things. They look cute (plus I can carry them around and pretend I'm a giant).

I like the Neilson bottle idea. Shrinking the bottle, by-play, bag crumble.
Perhaps you could use it with the growing straw in a McDonald's bag.

-They make this the same way they make normal ketchup except they use smaller tomatoes.
-A normal bottle of ketchup. What? No I'm just standing further away than you think.

Here's an idea. See if you can find a mini plastic hand. After showing the bottle say that you need something special to get the ketchup out and then take the small hand out and smack the base with it.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8815 Posts

Profile of harris
At Starbucks I am a "Tall".

For closer up work, I do have a mini hand...
that crawls out of your clasped hands.

Of course I call it my smallest "hand puppet"
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
Flymo
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of Flymo
Magic George, you are by far my favourite contributor to these forums. Please never leave me.
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
I love those miniature condiment jars at hotels, they're great!

The only tag line I could think of would be with some kind of story where a magician showed you a trick recently (or when you were a kid) and you kept thinking you knew where the coin was but he was to quick and you couldn't "catch up." You repeat that for a few phases and in the end the magician took pitty on, since you could never "catch up" he gave you some "ketchup." ...David Roth Jumbo coin transformation.

I think it would be too much work, but I think an "object in impossible place" routine would be funny with these.

Or gag props for a puppet.

I like the idea of using it conjunction with a vanishing ketchup bottle; maybe along the lines of Silly Billy's vanishing coke bottle.

How about with an egg bag routine? You could have whole breakfast theme; if you do the sucker bit where you pretend to put the egg under your arm and there's nothing; it could be the ketchup for your eggs. (you could even use a piece of bacon for a wand)

I had an idea a while ago for a routine that used a miniature chocolate sauce bottle that was done to an a capella version of Tom Waits "Chocolate Jesus." Man I thought that was a good idea, but wife told me it was in poor taste and I wasn't sure where I'd actually be able to do it so it never came together.
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8815 Posts

Profile of harris
My wife will kindly tell me not to share certain bits. Usually I listen to her judgement.

At a Catholic Church gig, I ignored her and told Catholic Jokes.
The Mother Superior was in the crowd. After she laughed ..I said...She's not heavy she's my MOTHER. The audience loved it.

Comedy is risky.
Latest find from my wifes conference a matching size mustard bottle.

I like the idea of having a puppet using it.

That would go great with my baby puppet singing the Baby Blues..especially the lines...

looked at my diaper
it was no fun
something was dripping out the corner
like mustard on a bun...
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Aw shucks, Flymo, you're too sweet. I wasn't even sure anyone actually read my waffle.

I've got a little hand too, Harris, I chopped it off a doll. For some reason I decided to chop up the doll on a bus which , incidently, is a great way to get a double seat all to yourself.
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Quote:
On 2010-11-11 08:18, Harris wrote:
That would go great with my baby puppet singing the Baby Blues..especially the lines...

looked at my diaper
it was no fun
something was dripping out the corner
like mustard on a bun...

LOL Smile
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b