The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The little darlings :: Company Picnic Favorites to Share Maybe? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Johnny Magic
View Profile
New user
Indiana
20 Posts

Profile of Johnny Magic
Hello Friends,
Once again I am entering the Company Picnic season and want to be up to speed with the best of the latest going around. So I thought I would ask from the best people in the business...YOU !
What are some of your favorite tricks that would be great in a Company Picnic Setting?

Johnny Magic !

It's Going To Be A Super Fantastic Day !
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
The latest going around is not always the best.
The late, great Karrell Fox would ask, when he went into a magic shop, "What's old?" not "What's new?"
The old standbys, with your personal spin on them, still play wonderfully.
Miser's Dream
Professor's Nitemare
Die Box
Gag wands
That sort of thing.
But, remember, don't show them as a bunch of unrelated tricks; they have to have your own spin on them and be blended into a cohesive act.
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
DarryltheWizard
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of DarryltheWizard
I have performed for many company picnics, and before I do the show, I usually ask the person hiring me to fill me in on some of the background and history of the company so that I could relate some of the company info to the magic routines. When doing the "Dare" Cookies Company I'd reward each kid with an Oreo cookie, and after that I'd do multiplying cookies or the disappearing iciing routine. "Even the magic words could be related to the company. " I dare you to come up here ....double dare,...double dare,bring forth a lovely hare!"
Even David Copperfield incorporates religious and cultural information to his magic routines.
Darryl the Wizard Smile
DarryltheWizard
"Life without mystery is like a candle
with a snuffed out flame." Albert Einstein